Am I crazy?? Re: Bachelorette Party

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Ok, there has been so much drama surrounding this.

First off, we want to do a co-ed bach party at a strip club. Is this crazy? FI's bro thinks so ~ he has been DRAMA CITY since Monday night. There's SO much else going on there but I don't want to go into it because I already had a meltdown last night.

Then today I get an email from my "in-town BM" who is supposed to be throwing it and she *JUST* told me she will not be going out afterwards because her parents are in town and she doesn't have any money. I'm sorry, but she JUMPED at throwing this and now to back out is just shitty. She's still planning on throwing me a quick lingerie shower, but the whole point was to have a party. I don't care about the damn gifts! People are so concerned over getting me gifts! Screw the gifts! Just come out!

I am beyond pissed that I'm almost going completely numb.

When things get too complicated, I've learned to say "screw it, move on". I'm pretty pissed at this situation, and Martin and I have been so stressed over this party that is supposed to be FUN... it's just not worth it... RIGHT?!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Jaime what do you really want to do? I think if you want to do the co-ed strip club party than you should do it. If your friend cant go i would not dwell on it, just forget it and have fun.

now if its really important to have everyone hang out, have you thought about just having like a house party thing after the lingerie shower?

But I really think its up to you what you guys want to do. Dont let anyone else tell you what you should do or that your crazy. And if you dont want to do a bachlorette than scrap it.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 miss di

miss di
      • 246 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

jaime -
        a coed beach party at a strip club sounds freaking awesome and SO FUN!! that right there says a lot about you guys as a couple - you must like to party! screw the brother and his opinions - this is all about you guys, and i bet the second you get to the strip club the brother's gonna have a huge *you know what* looking at all the hotties in panties so he'll be happy either way.

about the BM - she's totally outta line to back out like that and i think you really need to have a talk with her and tell her that the best gift you could get is to have a great night out with martin and all of your friends...coed beach party at a strip club sounds so much more memorable than a quickie lingerie party.

that's just my $.02 and i am so sorry you are dealing with all of this drama. hell, if i lived near you, i'd step in and coordinate all the strip club happenings for sure!

your philosophy of "screw it and move on" is a good one, but in this situation, fight for it, lady. your BM sounds like she's being just a bit selfish...the bro sounds a little disappointing. i dunno if this helps, but i'm behind you!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

I am pissed because she tells me this THREE days before the freaking party!! SHE is the one who originally wanted everyone to go out to dinner first, then to our gallery (that's where we're having the girls lingerie party), then out to the club(s)! And *I* was the one who said no to dinner beforehand because people are having money issues!!! SERIOUSLY?!?

It is all piling up... first all the B.S. with dealing with drug wars, now swine flu, finding out I have Lyme disease, trying to finish school... and now this, which has caused HUGE flareups.

Martin and I are livid. In a calm, scary sort of way. lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
          • 475 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

your not being crazy!.. but do what you think is best!!.. In all honesty I understand how u might feel about all the drama.. but if you tell yourself that your going to have a good time and screw all the people's drama.. then you will have a good time... U guys deserve to have a nice party so go out there and PARTY!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
            All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by miss di
              jaime -
              a coed beach party at a strip club sounds freaking awesome and SO FUN!! that right there says a lot about you guys as a couple - you must like to party! screw the brother and his opinions - this is all about you guys, and i bet the second you get to the strip club the brother's gonna have a huge *you know what* looking at all the hotties in panties so he'll be happy either way.

about the BM - she's totally outta line to back out like that and i think you really need to have a talk with her and tell her that the best gift you could get is to have a great night out with martin and all of your friends...coed beach party at a strip club sounds so much more memorable than a quickie lingerie party.

that's just my $.02 and i am so sorry you are dealing with all of this drama. hell, if i lived near you, i'd step in and coordinate all the strip club happenings for sure!

your philosophy of "screw it and move on" is a good one, but in this situation, fight for it, lady. your BM sounds like she's being just a bit selfish...the bro sounds a little disappointing. i dunno if this helps, but i'm behind you!
              That DOES help. THank you. I wish you were here too! LOL

My head is just still spinning....

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

We are here to listen and you are right to be upset. Party like you want to.

#8 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
                • 236 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

"screw it, move on" is the perfect attitude... but I think you should change it to "screw it, let's party!"
                  Ignore the people who just want to raise shit, focus on the people who ARE going to be there for the whole night and have a great time!

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

I don't know if it even makes sense to have the lingerie party anymore. The Evite was sent out late and FBIL obviously convinced his wife not to go (in protest??), so the only ones who are gonna go to the shower are my MOH and 1 BM (who's "throwing" it). 2 other girls were gonna meet us out later hopefully (they have a wedding that night).

@*!(!#*#&*#W()#)(#*%)(@%&

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                    • 475 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

yeah it seems like the lingerie party is a little unnecessary and im sure you would like it more if they were coming out to party like rockstars for the bach party!!.. i say talk to your BM and tell her that you would appreciate her coming out and that you do not expect her to get u anything.. or something like that.. and just say that all you want to do is get all of this swine flu stuff off of your mind by having a great time with people that mean alot to you.. including her!! :)... good luck and PARTY!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                      All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users