Photo

Any other JA brides being bombarded...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

...by guests worried about the Swine Flu I have been getting calls the past 2 days from people asking what our plans are. Well, my plans are to get on a plane to Jamaica in 7 days and enjoy myself and then get married in 10 days!! There have been no cases of the flu in Jamaica. Many of our guests are going out of NYC, but even so, if you are in the US, wouldn't you be more likely to get it here vs JA??

My mom made me call the Dr. today and ask for Tamiflu "just incase." The Dr. said no because if I take it without really needing it, and then I really get it (if this thing sticks around), then I might face immunity.

Really, this is not something I want to have to deal with a week before we leave! I feel so bad for the MX brides :-(

#2 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

Wow, I guess I can see why they'd be concerend but I agree with you that they'd be at just as much risk of getting it if they stayed in the US. Do you have a website that you could update to ease their minds? Maybe just pop them a little note with some statistics about the virus. Maybe let them know what your doctor said, etc. Sorry I can't be of more help! I hope everything goes off without a hitch!

Good luck!

#3 blushedpink

blushedpink
      • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hey I think its more likely to get swine flu in the states as there have been no reported cases in jamaica.

#4 blushedpink

blushedpink
        • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

So go and enjoy

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

Once we got there, no mention of it seriously ;-) Just a lot of joking around about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users