Sign in to follow this  
ajncooter

Perfect Dress but too much money

Hey Guys... so i finally found the perfect wedding dress made by Jenny Lee #524 simple elegant and easy to travel with but when i looked at the price tag i almost fainted? $4200 any idea of how i can get something similiar for a much more affordale price?Without the belt though....

Jenny Lee Bridal

That dress is beautiful! See if you can find someone who will custom make it. It looks worth it!

Tammy, it's the first dress under Spring Collection page 2

Oh that is really pretty. Yeah Elizabeth's bridal has some pretty expensive gowns, but I love their selection. I refused to try on a dress that was out of my budget because I knew I would want it if I put it on.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajncooter View Post
Hey Guys... so i finally found the perfect wedding dress made by Jenny Lee #524 simple elegant and easy to travel with but when i looked at the price tag i almost fainted? $4200 any idea of how i can get something similiar for a much more affordale price?Without the belt though....

Jenny Lee Bridal
find a seamstress. the dress design is almost exactly like the dress i wore to my senior prom - only mine was a different color of course. my mom made it. and we even found a pattern that was pretty close.

heres a top thats similar -
Butterick - B4451 - MISSES' SHRUG, TOP AND SKIRT - 4451

and i would think anyone experienced in making wedding gowns has made the bottom part of that gown 1000 times.

thanks guys... yea i really want it but 4000 is a little crazy for a 2nd wedding i think it looks pretty simple to make too... im going to see if i can make friends with a local seamstress and take my chances...

You know, the women that runs the trunk shows out of Elizabeth Bridal is also a seamstress, but no longer does work for them. I'll ask Missy if she still has her card.. (if you want me too that is)