Photo

Alberta vs. Ontario...potentially move, opinions needed!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

thats great!!!... i think i was made for that kind of lifestyle!! lol... i just like going new places and being the "newbie" you always get a fresh new start and it feels nice! Your story is great!!!.... Im glad everything turned out well for you!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
    All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#42 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

I just moved to Toronto 4 years ago (from London ON) and although yes, there are some rude people, I think in general people are very nice here! The only time you really encounter the rudies are during the rush hour commute. Everyone is busy so it's hard to not get pissed off at people that block doors on the TTC etc. But in general I'd say compared to the states, TO is still very polite!

I actually get a tad annoyed when I go back to London now because everyone moves sooooo slow! If you're in a rush (and I always am), you're screwed!

I love when I visit out west though. It's a different pace, it's nice. I'm not sure I could work/live there but maybe when I'm retired I could! For now I'm an east-coster I think!

Let's accept each other's provinces for both their good and bad qualities and call it a day

#43 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

You said it Heather!! There are definite advantages & disadvantages of all provinces in Canada!! It's all what you're looking for in life!! And there are rude & nice people EVERYWHERE!!!

I'm an Ontario transplant as well...I moved here from Newfoundland 3 years ago & would not change it! But there are also people who moved & are dying to get back to the rock!! Not me though - even though all my family & friends are there, I like the bigger city living!

#44 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Amanda - I've heard that Newfoundland is like another world (in a good way of course!). I've never heard anyone say anything negative about it...it sounds like a fun place to be and I'd love to visit there someday! :)

#45 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Well Kathy...I CAN say that I don't want to live there...it's too quiet for me right now! But if you're a big nature person (hiking, fishing, boating, snowmobiling, etc) it would be heaven!!! It truly is a beautiful place!! You should definitely go someday!! Let me know & maybe we'll be there the same time! I am going home next weekend for a few days - my aunt is sick, it's mother's day & my MOH's prego belly is getting bigger & bigger!! And I'm going home July 24th for our AHR (aka backyard bbq party!) - so if you want to come you are MORE than welcome!!

#46 Jenn79

Jenn79
            • 625 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride
              Well Kathy...I CAN say that I don't want to live there...it's too quiet for me right now! But if you're a big nature person (hiking, fishing, boating, snowmobiling, etc) it would be heaven!!! It truly is a beautiful place!! You should definitely go someday!! Let me know & maybe we'll be there the same time! I am going home next weekend for a few days - my aunt is sick, it's mother's day & my MOH's prego belly is getting bigger & bigger!! And I'm going home July 24th for our AHR (aka backyard bbq party!) - so if you want to come you are MORE than welcome!!
              What part of Newfoundland are you from? My mom's family is all over the island, and even though I was born in Ontario, I call Newfoundland "home". I love the East coast and would love to have a summer house in Twilingate some day (should there ever be money for a summer house of course).
              Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
              Review Pictures Pro Pictures
              "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#47 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Thanks Amanda! If it weren't for the lack of funds, I'd be there in a heartbeat! I'll totally have to take you up on that one day

#48 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

Jenn, I'm from the west coast...born & raised in Benoit's Cove (near Corner Brook) minus 3 yrs when my mom & I moved to Belleville/Peterborough when I was 1! DH was born in St. Johns but his family lives in Port aux Basques now.

Kathy, I would be happy to travel NL with you since I've yet to do the "touristy" things!! LOL

#49 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
                  • 583 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

Newfoundland is really slow-paced, even here in St. John's. But I kinda like it that way :) I'm originally from the SW coast (Port-aux-Basques area) and FI is from Corner Brook. I wouldn't be able to live in my hometown, even my parents are moving out of there, but St. John's is perfect for me right now. Then again, coming from a population of 800 (yes hundred, not thousand) to over 100,000 was a little nuts lol But I will say, some of the best scenery is on the west coast. I miss the table mountains...

#50 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
                      Newfoundland is really slow-paced, even here in St. John's. But I kinda like it that way :) I'm originally from the SW coast (Port-aux-Basques area) and FI is from Corner Brook. I wouldn't be able to live in my hometown, even my parents are moving out of there, but St. John's is perfect for me right now. Then again, coming from a population of 800 (yes hundred, not thousand) to over 100,000 was a little nuts lol But I will say, some of the best scenery is on the west coast. I miss the table mountains...
                      I bet I know your FI or, looking at your age, someone he is related to! I went to school with a Monique Lewis. Any relation??
                      Do you know the Merrigans in PAB? Or maybe Lynnette King from Fox Roost?? I went to school with her!

Small world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users