CaboBride2010

Alberta vs. Ontario...potentially move, opinions needed!!

really?? that's awesome though!!

What are the options?? Any ideas or places that you think you might end up??

Sometimes I'd like to just pick up & start over somewhere....

I wouldn't mind a cross-country move. Sometimes I feel like the ILs impose too much since we're so accessible to them here. I know that sounds awful but MIL isn't fond of me lol.

i know what you mean!!.. my FMIL is great but the FSMIL is not so great and i wouldnt want to be in that position where id always have to deal with her!... lol

i just wanted to say for the record, I do like TO.. i love the TTC wish it was everywhere.. and I absolutely love the night life!!.. I do not hate ontario and Im sorry if it came accross that way <3 I love Canada PERIOD!! ..

phew!.. obviously you know how i feel about this thread now.. kinda foolish since i feel a little dooped! haha!... its ok we can make it a happy thread...

its true though... i grew up out west for my summers so i was exposed to helping my uncle out on his farm and spending time with my grandparents at their store in town!!.. I think that is where i picked up my 'down to earth' demeanor!!... i guess im just greatfull to have experienced that area of Canada in such a positive way!

Jax - Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed but at least, like you said, we can turn this in to something positive! Are your grandparents from a small town here? I grew up in a town north-east of Edmonton with a population of 6,000 (4,000 in the municipal district though). So I know what you mean. I lived on an acreage til I was 18....fed the cows and all that "fun" stuff haha.

hehe.. my grandparents actually live in SASK... in a small town with a population of about 1000!!!... but alot of my relatives live in Alberta and so i went there alot to visit too!!.. i kind of group manitoba, sask, and alberta together because they all seem to value the same things... and thats where all of my dad's side of the family lives!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
really?? that's awesome though!!
What are the options?? Any ideas or places that you think you might end up??
Sometimes I'd like to just pick up & start over somewhere....
We did this. We moved from England to Canada in 1984. We are the only ones from both sides of our families in Canada, although my Dad is in the USA now. We moved because my husband was offered a job and we figured why not try it? I was three months pregnant when we moved and we arrived in January.

We lived in a hotel for a couple of months whilst we found somewhere to live, a car to drive, got appropriate clothing etc. All we had with us was clothes although we did have a few bits and pieces shipped. We had to buy furniture and appliances once we got the house, but the company my husband was working for helped us out with lots of stuff.

It's been an adventure but there isn't too much I'd change!