Photo

What Country is best?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 laura4ever

laura4ever
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

So I have known that I have always wanted a beach wedding and luckily my fiance agrees :)
    So he proposed this weekend and now we are trying to decide what country.
    Our good friends are getting married in Mexico this fall so that country is out.
    We would like somewhere that has affordable flights from CO, KY, and Philly...I know I am making this hard...lol
    Kids will be invited and we were thinking all inclusive since quite a few people will be using this as a vacation and that will be better for everyone.
    So if anyone has any suggestions on countries and hotels I would greatly appreciate the help!
    Probably April of 2010?
    Thanks and happy wedding planning,
    Laura

#2 IvanG

IvanG
    • Vendor
    • 967 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hola!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations! Here you will find many options!

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#4 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
        • 202 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for you to get opinions from other brides. You have a lot of research ahead of you. Picking your resort is probably the hardest part. Good Luck!

#5 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hi Laura! For info on the cheapest flights, you may want to contact one of our forum Travel Agents. They would be able to help you best choose a destination with inexpensive flights. As for which hotel to choose, it will depend a lot on your preferences and budget. We have several different sections for the most popular destinations (Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Cruise Weddings), so feel free to browse or use the search feature to read up on specifics.

#6 boven

boven
            • 193 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Congratulations Laura and welcome to the forum! I know it's hard to choose a location with so many great countries and cities to select from. Have you traveled to any beach towns with your fiance before you got engaged? If so, that could be a great place to start. As Sapphire723 said, there are many different locations detailed throughout this forum such as Jamaica, Hawaii, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, etc. Also, remember, Mexico is a huge country so you could choose a spot that's very different from your friend's wedding.

It can be challenging to select a location but it can also be a lot of fun as well. Happy planning!

#7 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
              • 327 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

Welcome, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and Jamaica may be good choices! oh yeah, and the Dominican Republic. The Majestic Colonial and Majestic Elegance are pretty affordable there.

#8 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

Congratulations Laura and Welcome!

#9 laura4ever

laura4ever
                  • 89 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

Just wanted to say so happy to have found this site! You ladies are helping keep my country stress in check :)

#10 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:48 AM

Welcome Laura.
                      You should check Dominican then! Pretty affordable and a nice destination wedding location

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users