Photo

I Heart Wedding Dresses

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 autjo

autjo
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

My dress just came in and I am totally stoked. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and they told me it would be here in 15 weeks. But it's in! And it's more awesome than I remembered.

Only thing is that I went to pick it up along with the veil and ribbon and stupid David's Bridal took the veil and ribbon order as "take away". Meaning they carry the veil and ribbon in the store and should have given it to me up front. Unfortunately, they don't carry either of them in the store. The extremely rude sales girl told me I already had them and I should check at home. So I asked her to show me the veil and ribbon since they carry them in the store and the sales girl said, "We don't carry those items in the store. We will have to order them". Yes, they really are that dumb there. If this dress wasn't so perfect for me and I hadn't shopped in tons of stores in Scottsdale and Texas, I would have cancelled the whole order and gone elsewhere.

Anyways, my FMIL found the veil stuffed in the dress bag and I cancelled the ribbon order. I'll just make my own sash. I bought my slip on ebay for $20 and still looking for a headband and shoes. Although, I found some orange Jimmy Choos that maybe I can convince FI to buy me...LOL.

I can't post pictures while I'm at work so I'll include the DB link. I'm going to lace the back up with a persimmon sash and probably add some flavors of orange beading to the train. The girl in the pic must be 7 feet tall and a size 0 because this dress doesn't even look the same on me (I'm 5'4" and size 6). But I love it! Enjoy :)

David's Bridal - Satin side draped A-line with beaded metallic embroidered lace.

#2 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

the dress is beautiful good luck

#3 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
      • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

very nice! cant wait to see ur pics in it!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
        All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#4 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
        • 1,448 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

Pretty dress! Can't wait to see what it looks like with the orange details!

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Very pretty dress
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

Some pics

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

This isn't the orange I am going to use, but it paints the picture...
              Click the image to open in full size.

#7 Jenamie

Jenamie
              • 392 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

beautiful Dress!!!

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:03 AM

You look great and soooo happy! YAY!!! I love the touch of orange!

#9 islandbride317

islandbride317
                  • 1,866 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:12 AM

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL, AUTJO!!! And so happy to be in the dress of your dreams...plus, I love the touch of orange that you're adding to make it uniquely your own!

Sorry to hear that your local DB has a bunch of boneheads working there -- my experience at the York, Pa store was seamless and went off without a hitch!

Oh, and I adore the orange flip-flops -- such a fun & "beachy" touch!

#10 ACH2009

ACH2009
                    • 330 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

The dress really looks great on you! Congrats :)
                      Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography
                      http://www.tammybpho...index2.php?v=v1

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users