Sign in to follow this  
DarcyJAde

Are you having a flower girl?

The only little girl we have coming is FI's 6 year old niece. I keep asking him to ask his sister if she would be a flower girl, but he hasn't yet. Now I am thinking do we even NEED a flower girl? What are your thoughts?

I would really love a flower girl but we aren't having one sad.gif - We had three, FI's cousin's daughters, but she just found out she is pregnant again and due right around our wedding date so they can't come.

I don't think you have to have one - it is totally up to you

As Jess mentioned is up to you, I love the idea of having my niece ( bro's daug) who is 4 years old and FI's niece who will be arount 1 year old as our flower girls! they will look so cute in their dresses.... and obviously my 2 year old nephew in his guayabera and khaki pants!!! so cuteeeee!!! I can' t miss to have them on pics with us...

You definitely don't need one, but we're having my 8-yr-old niece as our flowergirl. She really wanted to be part of the wedding and is very excited about her "job"!

Not necessary, but my 2-year-old niece is such a doll so I picked her. Aside from cousin's kids that we don't see much, there aren't any other children the right age in the family. So we don't have a ringbearer.

My cousin's daughter will be my flower girl, she'll be 4 next April. I'm also having a ring bearer, my Uncle's son, he'll be 5. It's totally up to you, though. I only included them because before I decided on which resort to have my wedding I asked my cousin if she wanted to bring her daughter. She decided yes, so I had to find a kid friendly resort and that's why I now have a flower girl and Ring Bearer.

i think that if you don't have a ring bearer, no one will notice whether you have a flower girl, but if you DO have a ring bearer, FI's sister might actually get offended if you don't ask for her daughter to be in the wedding, since she's the *only* little girl. it might come off like you are purposely excluding her, KWIM?

you certainly don't NEED one. but if you WANT one, you should have one. and don't take what i said above to mean you have to have both, either. it's perfectly acceptable to have only one or the other. whatever you and FI want ... it's YOUR wedding! :)

We are having our 4 year old (she will be 5 by the time we get married) daughter be our flower girl. I can't wait to pick out her dress!

My FI has an 8 yr old niece. She's going to be the ONLY kid coming to the wedding so we asked her to be our flower girl. She's very very very excited about it (she loves attention, LOL)!

FI finally asked his sister if her daughter would be our flower girl. Now my question is do we buy her dress or tell her what dress to buy? Our gifts to our bridal party is their attire, so I guess we should get her dress. What do you think?