I Just Wanna Smack Him

A little back story before I start. My FI was a private investigator for a little over a year and a half, he loved doing it....I didn't. He was gone New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Christmas Eve, Easter, and anniversary....and pretty much every holiday and birthday. He was gone for weeks and at one time a month. This put a strain on our relationship and the trust status for both of us. I never even thought about cheating on him, I was at home with two kids (1 being a newborn). I says he never did either, and I can only hope he was telling the truth.....okay....He left the PI business because he got into a wreck on the job and the company refused to pay the difference from economy car to a luxury rental car (which they demanded he get for his line of work). His car was going to be in the shop for 2 months for the repairs and we couldn't afford a luxury vehicle for 2 months....for some reason he didn't have rental insurance. He left on good terms so he could continue to do the GPS tracking instillation and removal for the company. I was so happy when he left there.....I got to have my FI and baby daddy back at home. he is now working as a low voltage contracter which normally is a 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. Last week he was gone from Monday to Friday, he was supposed to be home Wednesday, but that didn't happen. Our anniversary is May 5th and being that we have two kids, I thought it would be nice to do something just us two....so I got a sitter and planned a nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. He sends me a text this morning telling me he has to go out of town May 4-6. WTF. His company has like 60 employees, why can't one of those guys go? I asked him if they could arrange for him to go the later part of the week so that we could be together for our 'first' anniversary...note our first two he was working a case. He was like "NO." I was like, "FINE, it's just another day." He could tell I was pissed, hurt, and upset. He swears he will make it up to me...I hope he does....this just make me wanna slap him so hard.

Sorry so long...but I knew this was the one place I could vent and not get into trouble. Thanks Girls!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awh hun! That sucks!! Guys REALLY just don't get it sometimes!!!

I agree...I would want to slap him too!!

Any chance you could go out of town with him too?? I know you have the kiddies, but is it possible?? Or I guess I should ask first if he's availabe in the evenings?? Just an idea!

Hey sorry to hear your FI is blowing off yet another anniversary! sad.gif *hugs* It must be so hard to get some alone time together, especially when you have kids. Hopefully he comes to his senses and makes this up to you big time. I know that a lot of guys don't see the big deal in anniversaries but I know for other girls (myself included), it IS a huge deal and should be commemorated. Feel free to vent all you want, you know we don't mind listening! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Awh hun! That sucks!! Guys REALLY just don't get it sometimes!!!
I agree...I would want to slap him too!!
Any chance you could go out of town with him too?? I know you have the kiddies, but is it possible?? Or I guess I should ask first if he's availabe in the evenings?? Just an idea!
If I had the extra vacation time and a overnight sitter, I would be with him in a heartbeat. As far as meeting up at night....outta the question, he's going about 6 hours south of here. I wish there was a way to work it out....but there isn't. Blah!

Guys really don't understand the concept of "Anniversary" very well lol I know it sucks that FI is going to be gone for yet ANOTHER anniversary, but maybe you guys could do something special that weekend when he gets back? Or even before he goes? It royally sucks, I know, I've been in that position for birthdays and anniversaries too, not so much that FI is gone, but that I've worked mornings and he's worked nights, so we just had no time to spend together until later in the week or even later in the month. I'd say ask if he can change it, and if he can't then grin and bear it and make sure he keeps that promise that he's going to make it up to you. If not, it's sofaville for the next month bud lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
If I had the extra vacation time and a overnight sitter, I would be with him in a heartbeat. As far as meeting up at night....outta the question, he's going about 6 hours south of here. I wish there was a way to work it out....but there isn't. Blah!
Oh booooo...that's too bad! How about slashing his tires before he goes so he's stuck at home & someone else has to go!!! Hmmm...a bit crazy maybe! blush2.gif LOL

trying to get a guy to understand the importance of some things is SO frustrating... not to mention an unpredictable work schedule when you have kids and fun things planned!

if he can't change his trip or they can't get anyone else to go, make sure you get an even better night than the one you already planned as soon as he gets home! i'll have my fingers crossed for you that you get the alone time and relaxing time together that you deserve!

that sucks.amanda is right any chance of you going just for 1 night?pay for my flight i will come and have the kids lol.if not think of a really big pressie you want when he comes back then you can thank him too. keep smiling and try to remember hes not doing it on purpose.

smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post
Oh booooo...that's too bad! How about slashing his tires before he goes so he's stuck at home & someone else has to go!!! Hmmm...a bit crazy maybe! blush2.gif LOL
Hummmmm, that is a thought...LOL. I don't think he would be to pleased....I would have to slash the tires of three vehicles, the motorcycle he just got back from being stolen and fixed, a FX35 that he just had to put 22's on so the tires are crazy expensive, and a dodge stealth that he just got running. I don't think he would be to happy with me. LOL.

He actually came home tonight and said, "I need you home Friday by 5:30, I have made arrangements for the kids and we're going out on a date." Which isn't very often...so I am pretty pleased. I hope he goes above and beyond on Friday....since I will be all gussied up from getting my BD pictures taken. I already told him that his gift will probably be ready when he comes back into town.

Thanks for letting me rant