Do you know what flower this is?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hi Four Month Mark Ladies!

Jill, seriously my cake is really ugly since my wedding will only be 10 people including us, I did not feel the need to spend an extra $150 on a cake. So I am going with the cake that is coming with my wedding package (pic below)-I tried to see if the baker could make individual cakes but it is a no go and to be honest a cake does not matter too much to us.
    My WC told me I needed to pay $150 for my peony bouquet which I assume is an upgrade fee because the other bouquets offered in my package were also ugly (haha). As for the season, I know that I looked into having peony centerpieces for my AHR in June but my florist told me she could have them shipped from Holland or order them earlier in the month and refridgerate them to prolong the bloom. I guess peonies in the USA are only in season from May to early June.Click the image to open in full size.

#22 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

I think your cake is fine. Maybe if you add a flower from your bouquet to the top of it, it would tie in more to your color theme

#23 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:46 AM

Denise, I don't think your cake is bad! Like tammy said, maybe add a little color. I'm in the same boat, I'm not paying extra for a cake that I really don't care too much about, so I'm going with the one included and I'll tell you yours looks better than ours, haha!

#24 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

Or maybe even some rose petals for a touch of color.

That's a good cake for a package. Some of the package cakes I have seen...ugh. One looked like a lump of whipped cream.
          Happily married since 2008

#25 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:42 PM

Tammy-Thanks for the idea! I did not even think of that! BTW-loved your makeup trial/lesson pic!
            Waiting for Sunshine-I will use your petal idea too!
            Jill-what does your cake look like? BTW-do you get the WE channel? I was watching this show called Just Married and it featured the Dreams Resort. It looked beautiful!!! Susan is getting married there too right? I can't remember.

#26 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Yes Susan and I are both getting married there!!! I have to find that show! I wonder if we get that channel, I'm going to check right now! Thanks!

#27 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

I think they have a website called justmarried.com-the show was on yesterday around 9:30 am or so.

#28 calyx6

• 160 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

I think the show is actually "Get Married". I've been to their site and there wasn't much there.

Tulum - November 3, 2007

#29 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

Oh! That is what is called! Haha. Thanks V!
                    Sorry Jill! You are probaly going crazy looking it for it!
                    Yesterday's show actuallly featured the Dreams Resort as a destination wedding must. Even the WC Claudia was interviewed. It looks really nice!

#30 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

We don't get that channel I tried to find something online, I did figure out its called get married, but couldn't really get any information. Now I'm on a hunt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users