Photo

90% of my guests have cancelled

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hey lady! I'm soooo sorry to hear this! We are all here for you. It's hard to convince your guests to come when the US has asked all citizens to cancel non-essential travel to mexico. keep us updated on what you decide! I don't blame you for wanting to cancel (I would). Whatever you decide we're hear to listen and support you!

#22 meli122

meli122
    • 269 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

I am so so so very sorry. I know it will be hard but try and remember you are in one of the most beautiful places with your soon to be hubby.

#23 HotTamale

HotTamale
      • 304 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

I posted to the other link about the FLU - I just want you to know that we're all here for you and if I had the money I would fly down for your event on Saturday!

Be with your love, embrace each other...after all it's not about everyone else, but just the two of you.

Much Love....and peace be with you.

#24 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

I am so so sorry - i would too consider canceling,...just know we are hear for you and feel free to vent any time. Ugh this is so shitty - its really unbelievable. I hope you have a lot of umbrella drinks

#25 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

I posted this in the other thread but wanted to post here too in case you don't see it.

I hope at least a few important people can make it. If not, perhaps you can get married anyways, just the two of you, and then have an amazing celebration back home with family and friends. Or you could invite them all for a Renewal of Vows next year for your one year anniversary. Or you could reschedule the whole wedding. I know all those options probably sound like the worst thing in the world right now. Just try to stay positive. As hard as it is to believe, it could be worst. There is a bright side to everything, you just may have to look really hard to see it.

#26 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
            • 248 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

This is just horrible when I heard the news all i could think about was the brides that are out there now and have upcoming weddings we work so hard for everything to be perfect only to have things beyond our control try to ruin it all!! All i can say is lift your head up and enjoy your hubby!! Sometimes things happen for a reason maybe it is meant for you to have a more intimate wedding!! I know i cant say much to make you feel better just know my prayers are with you!!! Best of luck!!
              <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#27 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Remember when our resort closed and some people got transferred to another resort just a few days before their wedding? They thought their wedding was ruined. But everything ended up okay, sure, it was very different than what they had spent months planning, but it was still amazing. I know it will be the same for you, whatever you decide.

#28 cancunbride

cancunbride
                • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

my heart aches hearing this... I am leaving in one week and they are saying that if this raises to a 5, nobody will be able to travel out of LAX into MX for three months or until the virus is cleared..

Im devastated and praying that this wont happen..

Best of luck..

#29 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Sylvia - R U serious?? Where did u hear that??

#30 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                    • 985 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

I feel so bad for you! Hopefully you can still get married and enjoy your vacation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users