Sloan's RIU Palace Tropical Bay Wedding/Honeymoon

Sloan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgscot View Post
Hey Sloan
Can you tell me if you had your hair done at the Renova Spa in the hotel....or was it the spa in Clubhotel Negril? Iv heard people say you have to go to the other hotel for hair n stuff?! Thanks.
Since they upgraded Tropical Bay to a "Palace" last year they built a Renova on site. So, yeah I had my hair and make-up done on site. No need to get shipped over to Riu Negril. RPTB doesnt have a disco on site anymore, though. Renova was built in lieu of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciousmi811 View Post
Sloan,
I have read the nightlife at the resort is dead, did it matter? I don't think it would but I wanted to ask just in case.

I am quite the partier and to hear the review from a partier like me myself was great! You looked beautiful in your dress. Thanks for the tips about the excursions!
The resort dies after 1000-1100 at night. It was all we could do to stay up past 900 though. LOL. Too much early morning drinking and sun. However, there are places in Negril to get your party on. Jungle nightclub, you could also always check out the night life down the beach at Riu Negril. We did most of our drinking/partying during the day on the beach.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg...u have me super xcited about getting married at the RTB, your pics and xperience are simply fabolous to read and look at...it looks like everything a destination wedding is supposed to be......i wanted to know about the semi private reception, i know that it is held at the Steakhouse restaurant, but i wanted to know what is exactly served?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torywedd View Post
omg...u have me super xcited about getting married at the RTB, your pics and xperience are simply fabolous to read and look at...it looks like everything a destination wedding is supposed to be......i wanted to know about the semi private reception, i know that it is held at the Steakhouse restaurant, but i wanted to know what is exactly served?
Hi Torywedd,

You get to order off the menu at the steakhouse. Cant remember the exact choices on the menu though! I know I had the steak! There was salad to start and some seafood appetizers. Unlimited wine - which is why I dont remember the menu :P The WC emailed me the dinner menus for the different restaurants. Try dropping her a line! Happy planning!

• 4 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie View Post
Thanks for the great review. I'm off to the RPTB in August and loved looking at your pics. They are beautiful. We are going with the classic package to keep it as simple as possible, too. Wished we could do the free package, but don't have that many guests coming.
Congrats!
Does anyone know what the max amount of people is to get the free package? I have 32 so I was going to go with the Royal but would love to spend the money elsewhere if I can qualify for the freebie. Also, does anyone know if you rent out the steakhouse for 4 hours if that includes the cost of meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riunegrilbride2010 View Post
Does anyone know what the max amount of people is to get the free package? I have 32 so I was going to go with the Royal but would love to spend the money elsewhere if I can qualify for the freebie. Also, does anyone know if you rent out the steakhouse for 4 hours if that includes the cost of meals?
This is what I copied/pasted from the docs the RIU sent me in 2008, so they are a bit outdated, but still somewhat helpful:

B. WEDDING PACKAGES

Weddings by Riu offers four different packages to choose from:

•Free Wedding Package: available at Riu Tropical Bay and Riu Montego Bay with the booking of 5 rooms. There is no limit on the amount of guests for the Free Package (up to the maximum capacity), just as long as 80% of them stay at the resort where the wedding will be held

•Classic Wedding Package: designed to accomodate small wedding groups with a maximum number of 10 guests, not including the bride & groom.

•Royal Wedding Package: the perfect balance between simplicity and extravagance! It includes all the amenities offered by the Classic Package, plus a variety of others, and can accomodate up to 50 guests.

•Caprice Wedding Package: our most luxurious option! It is ment to pamper the wedding couple in tropical paradise. It does not have a limit on the amount of guests, as long as the hotel`s capacity is not surpassed.

Note: The maximum guest capacity at Riu Montego Bay is 100, Riu Tropical Bay may accomodate up to 120, while Riu Negril may host up to 150 guests.

- Costs and Capacities.

The cost of the wedding reception is included in the package and covers the food and beverage for the entire wedding group. It is important to keep in mind the number of guests each package may accomodate. Your final guest list will determine the package suited for your group size. On the other hand, there is no minimum number of guests required to have a wedding reception dinner.
Wedding PackageGuest Capacity
Classic10
Royal50
Caprice100
Free100
- Private Receptions

The reception dinners offered in the Wedding Packages are semi-private at no extra charge. They are held at a separate area one of the Specialty Restaurants.

Having a private dinner is also possible but is subject to availability. Your on-site Wedding Coordinator will give you further detailed information and costs of this additional services. You may also view the Additional Services section in this document, or Click Here!

Thanks so much for all that info Kayte! I emailed a laundry list of questions to the WC Anne Marie last Wednesday and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We were going to pay for the Royal package b/c we thought that we had too many guests to qualify for the free package. I'm so glad I found this site or I would have spent 1200 bucks on champagne and wedding cake!

• 2 weeks later...