Sloan's RIU Palace Tropical Bay Wedding/Honeymoon

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 cake2121

cake2121
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hi!!!

First off you made such a beautiful bride and I loved all of your pictures! It really gives me a sense of what my wedding day will be like - excpet we opted for the Gazebo at RPTB.

I was curious about your flowers I saw that you said you opted for fake flowers from AA (what is AA)? I was thinking about doing that myself but making them here at home and bringing them with us. I just wasn't thrilled over the selection I was given on the website.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what package did you go with? And how much were your judge/minister fees? And after your wedding dinner did you decide to do anything else or did they give you any fun options? I saw you mentioned that you brought your BOSE, but didn't know for sure.

I am sooo excited and can't wait for July!!!

CONGRATS!

#42 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cake2121
      Hi!!!

First off you made such a beautiful bride and I loved all of your pictures! It really gives me a sense of what my wedding day will be like - excpet we opted for the Gazebo at RPTB.

I was curious about your flowers I saw that you said you opted for fake flowers from AA (what is AA)? I was thinking about doing that myself but making them here at home and bringing them with us. I just wasn't thrilled over the selection I was given on the website.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what package did you go with? And how much were your judge/minister fees? And after your wedding dinner did you decide to do anything else or did they give you any fun options? I saw you mentioned that you brought your BOSE, but didn't know for sure.

I am sooo excited and can't wait for July!!!

CONGRATS!
      We did the free package. Zero upgrades. We only had 9 people tag along and didnt feel it necessary to upgrade anything. Seriously, I wasnt paying attention to any details that day anyway. I made a CD of my own tunes thta I wanted played at the ceremony. As for our dinner, we didnt do anything else after. Just got more drunk... ha. We did bring our sound dock and just ran it off it's own battery in the steakhouse. JoP fees are $350 USD. The beach wasnt as crowded as I thought it would be and I dont recall anyone actually watching the ceremony. No one walked through it or around it. Everyone maintained some distance. People clapped and congratulated us afterwards. HOT as Hell though. It was 40+ with the humidity @ 1600. Good luck in July. Its an awesome place, you'll have a great time!

#43 slgscot

slgscot
      • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi Sloan..thanks for the great review..sounds like you had a ball! You were a beautiful bride! I am getting married there in October. I was thinking of having the ceremony in the gazebo..but you said there are 2? I have been to RPTB before the renovations and there was only 1 gazebo. Where is the 2nd one? are they both the same type..do they look the same? Do you have any pics of them? Thanks

#44 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by slgscot
          Hi Sloan..thanks for the great review..sounds like you had a ball! You were a beautiful bride! I am getting married there in October. I was thinking of having the ceremony in the gazebo..but you said there are 2? I have been to RPTB before the renovations and there was only 1 gazebo. Where is the 2nd one? are they both the same type..do they look the same? Do you have any pics of them? Thanks
          Both gazebo's are the same. Same garden, same waterfall thing. They're located at opposite ends of the resort. There's a picture of one in my review. It's the one closest to the ScubaCaribe hut. I didnt see anyone get married at that one the whole 2 weeks we were there. Most of the gazebo weddings we saw were at the other end of the resort.

#45 *Jen* OPPRN

*Jen* OPPRN
          • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

LOL - you made me laugh about the red or white wine LOL - hehehehhe true Canadian girl you are!!
            January 31st, 2011Marrying the Love of My Lifehttp://i83.photobuck....m/meandbob.jpg

#46 cake2121

cake2121
            • 45 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! ;0)

#47 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
              • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the review, glad your wedding was great. I can't wait to escape the Canadian Winter next year!!!

#48 slgscot

slgscot
                • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hey Sloan
                  Can you tell me if you had your hair done at the Renova Spa in the hotel....or was it the spa in Clubhotel Negril? Iv heard people say you have to go to the other hotel for hair n stuff?! Thanks.

#49 jennie

jennie
                  • 200 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for the great review. I'm off to the RPTB in August and loved looking at your pics. They are beautiful. We are going with the classic package to keep it as simple as possible, too. Wished we could do the free package, but don't have that many guests coming.
                    Congrats!

#50 Preciousmi811

Preciousmi811
                    • 342 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Sloan,
                      I have read the nightlife at the resort is dead, did it matter? I don't think it would but I wanted to ask just in case.

I am quite the partier and to hear the review from a partier like me myself was great! You looked beautiful in your dress. Thanks for the tips about the excursions!
                      One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users