Sign in to follow this  
Sloan

Sloan's RIU Palace Tropical Bay Wedding/Honeymoon

Hi!!!

First off you made such a beautiful bride and I loved all of your pictures! It really gives me a sense of what my wedding day will be like - excpet we opted for the Gazebo at RPTB.

I was curious about your flowers I saw that you said you opted for fake flowers from AA (what is AA)? I was thinking about doing that myself but making them here at home and bringing them with us. I just wasn't thrilled over the selection I was given on the website.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what package did you go with? And how much were your judge/minister fees? And after your wedding dinner did you decide to do anything else or did they give you any fun options? I saw you mentioned that you brought your BOSE, but didn't know for sure.

I am sooo excited and can't wait for July!!!

CONGRATS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake2121 View Post
Hi!!!

First off you made such a beautiful bride and I loved all of your pictures! It really gives me a sense of what my wedding day will be like - excpet we opted for the Gazebo at RPTB.

I was curious about your flowers I saw that you said you opted for fake flowers from AA (what is AA)? I was thinking about doing that myself but making them here at home and bringing them with us. I just wasn't thrilled over the selection I was given on the website.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what package did you go with? And how much were your judge/minister fees? And after your wedding dinner did you decide to do anything else or did they give you any fun options? I saw you mentioned that you brought your BOSE, but didn't know for sure.

I am sooo excited and can't wait for July!!!

CONGRATS!
We did the free package. Zero upgrades. We only had 9 people tag along and didnt feel it necessary to upgrade anything. Seriously, I wasnt paying attention to any details that day anyway. I made a CD of my own tunes thta I wanted played at the ceremony. As for our dinner, we didnt do anything else after. Just got more drunk... ha. We did bring our sound dock and just ran it off it's own battery in the steakhouse. JoP fees are $350 USD. The beach wasnt as crowded as I thought it would be and I dont recall anyone actually watching the ceremony. No one walked through it or around it. Everyone maintained some distance. People clapped and congratulated us afterwards. HOT as Hell though. It was 40+ with the humidity @ 1600. Good luck in July. Its an awesome place, you'll have a great time!

Hi Sloan..thanks for the great review..sounds like you had a ball! You were a beautiful bride! I am getting married there in October. I was thinking of having the ceremony in the gazebo..but you said there are 2? I have been to RPTB before the renovations and there was only 1 gazebo. Where is the 2nd one? are they both the same type..do they look the same? Do you have any pics of them? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgscot View Post
Hi Sloan..thanks for the great review..sounds like you had a ball! You were a beautiful bride! I am getting married there in October. I was thinking of having the ceremony in the gazebo..but you said there are 2? I have been to RPTB before the renovations and there was only 1 gazebo. Where is the 2nd one? are they both the same type..do they look the same? Do you have any pics of them? Thanks
Both gazebo's are the same. Same garden, same waterfall thing. They're located at opposite ends of the resort. There's a picture of one in my review. It's the one closest to the ScubaCaribe hut. I didnt see anyone get married at that one the whole 2 weeks we were there. Most of the gazebo weddings we saw were at the other end of the resort.

Hey Sloan

Can you tell me if you had your hair done at the Renova Spa in the hotel....or was it the spa in Clubhotel Negril? Iv heard people say you have to go to the other hotel for hair n stuff?! Thanks.

Thanks for the great review. I'm off to the RPTB in August and loved looking at your pics. They are beautiful. We are going with the classic package to keep it as simple as possible, too. Wished we could do the free package, but don't have that many guests coming.

Congrats!

Sloan,

I have read the nightlife at the resort is dead, did it matter? I don't think it would but I wanted to ask just in case.

I am quite the partier and to hear the review from a partier like me myself was great! You looked beautiful in your dress. Thanks for the tips about the excursions!