• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foundmyprince0907
    Thank you ladies soooooo much!!! I could have cried last night when I saw the forecast. Okay - I'm going to stop worrying about it. My fiance' is already in Jamaica mode - he's like "no worries mon" LOL!!! But I can't help it! I agree with you all that it should just be a quick rain here and there. And it's not like it's going to be cold and miserable. And DRBrainfreeze that is so cool that you will be there the same time as me! Maybe we'll run into each other!
    That would be great! Maybe I will scope out yours ;-) If anything, we should meet up for a drink!!

#12 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by VB Stephanie
      I will be there the same time...wedding date is 5/12. Here's hoping to sunny days and lots of fun!!
      Hoping that for you too! I leave on your wedding day :-(

#13 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
      • 69 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

My wedding is the same day as yours, and I have been obsessively checking the weather website for the forecast, and saw rain too Hopefully everything will be ok!! What time is your wedding?

#14 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

I think it says rain every day no matter what. If you have ever been to Florida, you know that every afternoon...here comes the rain!

I wold not worry about it.

#15 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
          • 167 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

I've been to the Carribean several times and the rain is usually really brief. But, as a future bride, I understand you being anxious. Why don't u turn the rain into a very cute & unique photo op? Buy rubber boots and matching umbrellas in your wedding colors and when the rain clears up - have your photographer to get pictures of you and your bridal party with the umbrellas and matching rubber boots! Who knows... you may even end up with a really cool rainbow in your photos!
            Remember, it's your day. Don't let a little rain steal your joy.

#16 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

I don't think this time of the year is the rainy season. It usually doesn't rain too long, only a few minutes.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#17 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
              • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

Everything i can see now says that May and June and September and October are the rainy months. Now it says showers on the 8th

#18 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

If you go to Weather Underground, they give you water equivalents in the Extended Forcast. It ranges from trace amounts to .31 inches for next week. To me, that is most likely a qucik shower.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica Forecast : Weather Underground

#19 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
                  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Thanks that makes me feel a little better.

#20 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                    • 215 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

We got married at ROR on May 5th last year. The forecast leading up to our trip was rainy too, i warned everyone that i wasn't flying to Jamaica to get married inside so bring an umbrella!! HAHAHA!! Truthfully though, it rained only twice the entire week we were there, once it sprinkled like 12 drops then stopped, the second time, it downpoured for about 20 minutes. It rains a lot more up in the hills but that's far away from where you will be. Have a fantastic time, and if it does happen to rain while you're there, remember, it could be worse! You could be at home, not getting married in mexico!

ETA: as you can see in my siggie pic, the skies were blue! This is what it was like for 99.9% of our trip. Here's hoping it's the same for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users