Sign in to follow this  
Nonnie

awful bridesmaid dress

I love the color but I can't really tell from the side whether or not it makes you look preggo. From that angle, I don't think you look preggo but I can see why you don't like the way it kind of drapes down in an unflattering way. Would it be possible to suggest that they alter your for a more fitted look? Not all bridesmaids dresses need to be identical. These days, many brides will have bm dresses that are in the same color but different cuts/styles for different girls or some brides will have their bm dresses in the same style but different colors. I think it's a neat idea if you can convince your bride to go for it. Good luck! :)

I agree with Kathy! I don't think it looks terrible, but if some of the fabric on the front could get pulled in on the sides it might make a difference (for the better lol). It can't hurt to talk to the bride, or even your mom. Just make sure you approach them in a non-threatening way, you know? Throw in a compliment on the dress before the "but..." lol. Good luck! The color does look nice and glad to hear you're not quite as stressed out about it!

Just do what I did before....drink some red wine and "spill" some on your dress. Problem solved! Just kidding! The dress isn't as bad as you think. The color is very nice.Oh... you do NOT look pregnant at all.

I actually like it! The color is really pretty and I can kinda see what you might mean about looking prego, but I don't think you actually do. It's just the style of the dress! I actually have a brown dress that is pretty similar to it and I love it cuz it's so comfy.

i like it. that poofy in the front pregnant look is in. i know that sounds silly to say, but I'm serious.

but, if you don't like it maybe you can get your mom to make some changes. like possibly move the sash down to make it fitted in the waste

The dress looks fine, you do not look pregnant. I see what you mean becasue it gathers in the front but it just looks like there is a lot of fabric, I don't think anyone will think you are filling out the dress in the front. maybe ask if she can move some of the gathers to make you more comfortable but it really doesn't look bad at all and it's a lovely color.

Thanks guys

the cut of the dresses is all the same, but the colours are different for each BM, so I wont have any luck changing the cut

We are going to take that twisted band under the bust and use a wider flat band instead (a couple inches) which should help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
Thanks guys

the cut of the dresses is all the same, but the colours are different for each BM, so I wont have any luck changing the cut

We are going to take that twisted band under the bust and use a wider flat band instead (a couple inches) which should help
I was going to suggest something like this. It looks like the sash around it is wider in the back than the front, if you flipped that around it would give you a lot more definition at your waist.