Sign in to follow this  
bumblebee_287

OCTOBER brides POST here!

Hi ladies!

I didn't see anywhere for October 2009 brides to post that was our very own...so here we go! What colors are you using? Does weather stress you out? If anyone who has been married in early October near Cancun, please let me know what the weather was like...I'm a little nervous.

Congrats to all!!!

It looks like it's just you an me, lol. I'm getting married October 28 in Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba.

My colours are cobalt blue and white and I'm using silver and lime green accents.

At first I was a little worried about the weather, however, we're getting married at the very end of hurricane season. I can't control the weather, and it's not like it rains every day during hurricane season. We're just going to roll with the punches.

Im an October Bride! October 14th. Havent picked colors yet. Is that uncommon? We are getting married in Sanibel Island, Florida and I hear that October is the perfect time for a wedding.

:)

Another Oct. bride here. Our colors are burgundy, black and white. Weather isn't an issue since we are marrying in Vegas, it's going to be absolutely gorgeous there. Usually 80 in the day 60's at night! Can't wait

Sgt. Pepperette...that's so cool..I went to Sanibel Island last summer with my mom and sister...It's so beautiful! It very relaxed and underdeveloped (touristically speaking). Make sure you go to this little crazy, brightly colored diner called The Island Cow for breakfast or lunch one day. You can't help but leave smiling! There's also a lot of little hidden restaurants directly on the beach where you get live beach music and dancing in sand with cocktail service while you're waiting for a table. I've never had more fun waiting!

I'm also an October bride! My wedding is in Bermuda though. My colors are a little boring compared to everyone's fun, bright colors. I am keeping it mostly white, with accents in beige and brown. We are using all natural decor elements like bamboo, branches, raffia and shells. The girls' dresses are really light aqua. Congrats everyone! It's coming up very soon!

I am October 24th in Isla Mujeres! I am SCARED to death of a hurricane to say the least! I know it is towrads the end of the season but this is the 3rd wedding we have planned because my fiance started to freak out shortly after we picked the first date because we had moved across the country and he had started law school and couldn't take all the stress, the second was in the state we live now and we don't like it so we are moving back to where we are originally from and so it made no sense for everyone to fly to Minneapolis for a wedding when EVERYONE would be coming from NY. SO now we decided same weekend but in Mexico. I booked the date without really doing alot of research and now I am locked in and scared to death! HELP!!!

Ive lived in SC all my life, so I've been used to fearing hurricane season every year of my life. Good news for us mexico wedding gals, but not for Fla, GA, SC and NC, mexico doesn't get as many "slammers" as we do in America, so I wouldn't stress about it. I went to Cancun after their last major hurricane, and although they did get a bad one, it seemed to be an uncommon thing to the locals.

BTW Estelle, I love the organic, bamboo, starfish aisle, natural ambience too! I think it'll turn out just as lovely as tropical colors. I think I'm gonna do a punch of a bright mango color ( in my bouquet and maybe chair sashes)with everyhting else in clean white and shades of sand.

NYCBride- I'll be sure to let you know what the whether was like as soon as I get back-hopefully a little good weather news will help you chill some right before your big day. Are you going to use the beach location or the pool location? I heard it's windy on the beach, but I have my heart set on my feet in the sand...

Hey girls - I think there is another thread for Oct 2009 brides...I'll have to go find it.

Anyway, I'm Oct 22, 2009 in Cabo! But with the swine flu crap who knows if we'll be able to have it there or not...if this continues into the summer I'm going to have to come up with a plan B!