If they've already said "no" do I have to send an invite???

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

Okay - so we sent out STD's in March for our November 09 wedding, and of course we've heard back from lots of ppl. We plan on doing formal invites in June or July with an RSVP (there was none with the STD). We have a lot of ppl (125) and I am making my invitations by hand - so that's a lot of time and effort! Do I have to send invites to those who have already said they aren't coming? It would save me a lot of time not to, but I am willing to do it if it's the correct etiquette. Any advice?

#2 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

We sent out invites to everyone. Even though we had a lot who said no. The only people we even gave STD to were close friends and family and wanted to make sure even if they said no that they knew they were still invited to attend. Didn't want any drama. That being said, since we only gave STD and invites to our family and very closest friends I only had to send out 40 invites (1 per household or like our cousins over 18 off in college got their own) Our other friends have just been invited to AHR. AHR invites went out to about 220 people

#3 tdmitchell

• 719 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

I haven't sent out anything yet, but I dont plan on sending invites to the people who don't plan on coming. I'm only sending invites to those that have booked. We are sending out a lot of STD's and I think it would be a waste of money to send out a bunch of ivitations to people I know won't/can't attend.

#4 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

yes, technically etiquette says you are supposed to ...we have a bunch of people who said no for sure but we are still sending them an invitation...plus some people do change their minds

#5 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

I would say yes...I just think it is proper etiquette like Jess said

#6 sunshinegirl

• 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

I had the same question, so this is great. Thanks!

#7 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

We are, simply as a formality. Plus our invites have both the DW invite and the AHR invite in them, so while some may not be able to attend the ceremony, many will be able to attend the AHR. I wouldn't want anyone to feel hurt or excluded that they didn't even receive an invite.

#8 jetsbride

• 794 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

I would agree that you should send out invitations to those who have said no, you never know, they could change their minds!

#9 annieanddaryl

• 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Seems like the right thing to do. We're in the same boat.

#10 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

proper etiquette, however, for those that were international and I knew they would definitely not make it, I did not send one. Every little bit saved, helped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users