• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

one more question....

How long does it take to alter your dress? Wedding is coming up soon (almost 2 months away) and haven't done this yet...haven't lost weight either...I thought I would have a lot of time to do this but nope...

Need to go to gym!!!!

#2 SarahMc

SarahMc
    • 146 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

I think it depends on who's doing it. I go in for alterations next week for my wedding on June 28. I've heard of people doing it in a week or so though too. Just think it depends sometimes on how much moolah you want to spend!
      Sarah & James
      Dreams Los Cabos
      June 28, 2007

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

Drea,
        My seamstress wanted me to begin the process one month prior to the wedding date - which kind of freaked me out, but worked out perfectly. At the time I was her only bride though, as she's trying to retire...I would get started finding a seamstress & asking their opinion on timeline ASAP!

#4 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
          Drea,
          My seamstress wanted me to begin the process one month prior to the wedding date - which kind of freaked me out, but worked out perfectly. At the time I was her only bride though, as she's trying to retire...I would get started finding a seamstress & asking their opinion on timeline ASAP!
          Thanks Christa, I'll call my seamstress that I know and ask, hmmm I should just go pick up the dress that's at my fmil house and then take it to seamstress so she can see it.

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

Although I have no idea about any of this, I would err on the side of caution and give yourself as much time as possible so you don't get stressed. But seeing how your wedding is coming up so soon you def want to get started with alterations right away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users