Photo

How long do you have to be in Cuba before your wedding?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

I have been getting mixed information. Some places tell me you need to be in Cuba for 72 hours before your wedding, and other sources are telling me it needs to be 3 business days so if you arrive on a weekend it doesn't count.

Can anyone clarify?

I am arriving on a Sat. and we want to get married as early in the week as possible and were hoping for a Tuesday Wedding.

Thanks!

:)

#2 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

I was told by my WC at the resort that we did not have to be there any specific amount of time, it just had to be a day that the notary was there. We got there on Saturday at 1 AM and I got married on Wednesday at 4:00 (I chose Wednesday as my day) and my WC told me I could get married any day. She would know. Ask the WC at your resort, that is the best way to get the correct answer. I got married in Holguin, but I am pretty sure the rules would be the same in all of Cuba.

#3 jackobelle

jackobelle
      • 359 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JulieG
        I was told by my WC at the resort that we did not have to be there any specific amount of time, it just had to be a day that the notary was there. We got there on Saturday at 1 AM and I got married on Wednesday at 4:00 (I chose Wednesday as my day) and my WC told me I could get married any day. She would know. Ask the WC at your resort, that is the best way to get the correct answer. I got married in Holguin, but I am pretty sure the rules would be the same in all of Cuba.

Thanks, the info I found online said 72 hours, and the WC said 3 business days, so that's why I was confused. I emailed her back to ask her to look into it to be sure. Why would some resorts have different rules?

#4 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
        • 291 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hey Jackobelle,
          Our resort stipulates that you need to be in the country 3 days before the wedding, they did not mention anything about business days - I think it does depend on the resort, when I was looking into other resorts (ie in DR) some had the 3 business day requirement as well but I found out this was not a legal requirement there...I think you should be fine with 3 days before - maybe ask other brides from your resort what their experience has been.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

I say go with whatever you WC says. You don't want to piss her off, avoid that at all costs, and just go with what she says. Are you wanting to get married before the 3 days? or are you just curious?

#6 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
            • 475 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

which resort are you going to?? Im pretty sure i was told 72 hrs before.. we are coming in on the monday and getting married on the friday because the thursday was already taken!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
              All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#7 Virg

Virg
              • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Really they say 72 hours (3 business days), but, most resorts want to have as many weddings as possible. And since most flights arrive saturday or sunday, most resorts don't mind if you get married right away on the Monday or Tuesday ( example we land Sunday, are getting married on Tuesday) -especially if you are staying a full week, or 2.

But defintely check with the WC. And if she says 3 working days, ask for a special arrangement!!
                Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#8 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I did email her back and ask for special arrangements, and if she was sure it had to be 3 business days. She wrote back (she is actually excellent at quick replies!!) and said that it was the rule for 3 business days after arrival, which means 5 days, really for me, due to the Sat. arrival. My FI and I were really hoping to get married earlier on in the week, but I guess that is not possible.

#9 Amarillis

Amarillis
                  • 1,913 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

We arrived on the Saturday and were married on the Wednesday... this fit with the 72 hour rule.

#10 sarafish81

sarafish81
                    • 353 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

hmmm interesting!! I was told it was 3 days and that they were NOT required to be business days. At our resort, the notary does not work weekends. So we arrived on the 13th, got legally married on the 17th and had our symbolic ceremony on the 18th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users