are you wearing a slip under the dress?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

So the seanstress convinced me to buy a slip when I wen in for my 1st fitting. I was concerened about being warm but it's super light. I'm just annoyed becuase it was $85. I asked if she htought it was super necessary and she said that many destination brides wear one so that the dress doesn't stick to them when they are all sweaty.

Then I was thinking - well I could find a cheaper slip. Of course at the time I just went with it but for the second fitting maybe I will tell her I changed my mind.

Did anyone wear a slip?

#2 Gail

• 358 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

they told me same thing, it will be good to know what everyone did. I am already concerned about being so hot
      Pro wedding pic slide show

#3 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

Does Spanx count? Because I know that I need it!
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:24 PM

I did and hated it...I ripped that sucker off right after the ceremony.

#5 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

I didn't wear a slip - my dress was pretty poufy too, and while I was hot, I am SO glad I didn't have another layer of clothing on under my dress!

#6 tvt

• VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

I did not wear a slip! I wanted the least amount of layers... considering the location, ha!

I'm glad I skipped the slip!

HOWEVER, I think it really depends on the style of your dress. I believe the poofier dresses require slips to keep the fullness.

#7 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

I am not planning on wearing a slip. Nor, has the seamstress encouraged me to do so.
                Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#8 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

I'm wearing spanx to suck in my empty baby belly lol. I'm definitely not adding on another layer with that!

#9 m_willis22

• 123 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

i am wearing one. it is very small though. cost me $50. the dress does look better with it. and since i am wearing the slip i don't have to wear the spanx anymore and i am glad about that. the spanx was for my thighs not my stomach and you wont be able to see that anymore with the slip.

#10 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

I wore a slip. Somewhere on the forum is my drama of dyeing it blue, LOL It was an A-line and was $60.

By having the added fullness, I didn't have to have the dress hemmed as much so alterations were cheaper. If I had gone too much shorter, the shape of the train would have been altered as well.

I also didn't want my dress sticking to me because I knew I would sweat no matter what. I was also told that having a slip made for better outdoor pics because it kept the shape of the dress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users