Sign in to follow this  
yamille

are you wearing a slip under the dress?

So the seanstress convinced me to buy a slip when I wen in for my 1st fitting. I was concerened about being warm but it's super light. I'm just annoyed becuase it was $85. I asked if she htought it was super necessary and she said that many destination brides wear one so that the dress doesn't stick to them when they are all sweaty.

Then I was thinking - well I could find a cheaper slip. Of course at the time I just went with it but for the second fitting maybe I will tell her I changed my mind.

Did anyone wear a slip?

they told me same thing, it will be good to know what everyone did. I am already concerned about being so hot

I didn't wear a slip - my dress was pretty poufy too, and while I was hot, I am SO glad I didn't have another layer of clothing on under my dress!

I did not wear a slip! I wanted the least amount of layers... considering the location, ha!

I'm glad I skipped the slip!

HOWEVER, I think it really depends on the style of your dress. I believe the poofier dresses require slips to keep the fullness.

i am wearing one. it is very small though. cost me $50. the dress does look better with it. and since i am wearing the slip i don't have to wear the spanx anymore and i am glad about that. the spanx was for my thighs not my stomach and you wont be able to see that anymore with the slip.

I wore a slip. Somewhere on the forum is my drama of dyeing it blue, LOL It was an A-line and was $60.

By having the added fullness, I didn't have to have the dress hemmed as much so alterations were cheaper. If I had gone too much shorter, the shape of the train would have been altered as well.

I also didn't want my dress sticking to me because I knew I would sweat no matter what. I was also told that having a slip made for better outdoor pics because it kept the shape of the dress.