• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#71 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

ugh, I hope this gets handled ASAP. i'm already dreading the calls and emails from guests

#72 PM.Wedding

PM.Wedding
    • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hey girls. Im am here crying with all of you. We all plan to make our day wonderful and most of it is for our guests to enjoy their time. When something like this happens its just heartbreaking.

We are leaving June 11th, so please keep me posted on how your trip will go.! Any info will help!

#73 ylopez87

ylopez87
      • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Hi ladies this flu is serious and is spreading my wedding is not until june so i am not worrying about it too much yet but the flu has spread into many mexican states already so it is not only in the df (mexico city). There hav been cases reported as far as baja california, san luis potosi, veracruz, oaxaca, and mexico city. I have family in guanajuato which s in central mexico only 12hrs from the texas border and they are taking extra precautions. There was a public health emergency declared in the u.s today so this thing is spreading and fast. Not to scare anyone but you girls traveling down the in the next couple of weeks should take serious precautions on coming inot contact with anyone who looks like they have the symptoms.

#74 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

Here is a link to the most current information that came out today:

U.S. declares swine flu public health emergency - Infectious diseases- msnbc.com
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#75 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
          • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

I am freaking out
            [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
            May 20, 2009
            Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
            Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#76 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
            • 181 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MarieSam
              Ugh, I can't believe those kids from NY that have been confirmed cases went to Cancun!!! Just when all the drug war hype started finally dying down now this?? It's like every obstacle is being thrown our way for this wedding
              I just saw a news conference with Governor Patterson. Those 8 NY cases were not a result of the swine flu but a really bad cold. They are also recovering.

Hopefully that offers some reassurance.

#77 lgarner83

lgarner83
              • 530 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

My wedding is not until Sept but I wouldn't be worried about it. It seems to be the worst in crowded cities and not affecting the resorts. Just be smart and hygenic!!!

#78 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
                  I just saw a news conference with Governor Patterson. Those 8 NY cases were not a result of the swine flu but a really bad cold. They are also recovering.

Hopefully that offers some reassurance.
                  They are sending samples to CDC to actually determine if people have swine flu or just sick. The CDC confirms that those 8 do have the swine flu but a mild case and just have a bad cold. Some of them have even recovered already:

CDC: 8 New York students have swine flu - CNN.com

#79 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                  • 475 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

FML.... Does anyone know if it has spread to other islands or just Mexico? Our flight stops in cancun before carrying on to Cuba.. Do u think that is an issue?

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                    All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#80 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

I don't think so. They are trying their best to have workers in the airports stay home if they are even feeling a little sick. I would just stay away from anyone coughing or sneezing. Wash your hands and use purell and you'll be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users