1047 replies to this topic

#611 ajs3531

ajs3531
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

How about this? ; )

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mummergirl
    i'm thinking ours will say something like, "the stars aligned, hell froze over, pigs flu, and tom & lisa got married -- MEXICO 2009" ... it's a running (not so funny) joke that my parents have said numerous times "we NEVER thought YOU would get married" (kinda like tula in my big fat greek wedding ... i AM 36 years old already and never married, so i get it, but geez) ... so the "pigs flu" thing kinda works in my case, LOL.

that is, IF we're able to go thru with things as planned. our plan B is to move to dominican republic, but 2 of the 3 dreams resorts there have already stated that my wedding date is unavailable (would have to be that day or next day for civil ceremony).

Attached Files

#612 hanna

hanna
    • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

ajas3531 - Great to hear about your friend is having a great time down there. I am trying to look past all of this and invision us all hanging out at the pool bar with our bubba kegs and frolicking on the beaches.. I can't wait to get down there and have some fun and relax.. Just need to get through these next few weeks yet. But- thanks for that post, made me feel great just putting that mental image in. :)

#613 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mummergirl
        i'm thinking ours will say something like, "the stars aligned, hell froze over, pigs flu, and tom & lisa got married -- MEXICO 2009" ... it's a running (not so funny) joke that my parents have said numerous times "we NEVER thought YOU would get married" (kinda like tula in my big fat greek wedding ... i AM 36 years old already and never married, so i get it, but geez) ... so the "pigs flu" thing kinda works in my case, LOL.
        OMG Lisa, you freaking crack me up! That is the best!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#614 drtracy

drtracy
        • 436 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Just FYI ~ I just spoke with my WC to clarify the "closures" being discussed for Mexico. I was nervous b/c they are saying that government officials and the like are being told to stay home nationally. WC said that no such order has come down in Cancun that it is still all in Mexico City. As of yet, nothing has closed in Cancun and it is all business as usual there.

Don't know if that helps anyone but thought I would share.

#615 Dee83

Dee83
          • 108 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

This is a really good and interesting article from CTV, some exerts from the article
            Dr. Neil Rau, infectious disease expert said
            "I don't agree with (the WHO) because I think it's a panic metre, not a pandemic metre," he told CTV Newsnet Wednesday. "We have just frightened everyone that catastrophe is imminent and yet no one is actually looking at the disease."
            "If that flu-like illness is not deadly, I don't know what the cause for alarm is for people who are not really sickened by this virus," Rau said. "I'm really eager to know how much worse this is than seasonal flu.

"So far it's looking like it's not that serious."

CTV.ca | Seasonal flu killing more people than 'swine flu'

#616 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PlayaWeddings
              To MarieSam and all the BDW brides who have booked photo and/or video with us (PlayaWeddings). We're going to do backflips to make sure you get the best coverage for your wedding day. We're going to put extra effort into all of our weddings. We'll send extra copies of the DVDs so you have a great wedding video to give to anyone who decides not to come.

I think I can speak for all the vendors in the Riviera Maya. You can expect extra special attention and "above-and-beyond" service from all of us down in the Riviera Maya. I can promise it for all our PlayaWedding clients.
              My goodness this thread is SO long and honestly, intimidating to me. I really don't have time to read every page, but really felt like making a comment to support all the brides coming here and rescheduling.

We have had 8 clients who actually canceled, 2 only voluntary. The 6 involuntary canceled clients all are scrambling to reschedule. ALL 6 of them were using Sunquest, the private tour company who did all this travel banning in Canada until June 4. So far, 4 of them have rescheduled. This is a major hit for our business and also a chance for us to work even harder to make an impression to you with our customer service.

Whats odd is that we have actually had inquiries from brides who hired foreign photographers from the USA who have canceled on them, now they are without a TOG for their wedding in 10 days. We are really going to make it a sweet package for her.

We are going to all ends to make rescheduling their weddings a seamless operation. In one case, a wedding that WAS to be next week is now going to be on June 17th. Vincent, our associate was scheduled to cover this clients event however, the client gets upgraded to Sol or mateo... Vincent gets his birthday(6/17) off but since one of us is available our client has insurance with our team. They were able to move everything and without little recourse and only a few of their guests canceling. YEAY for them!

Having a team of 3 shooters has very much helped the reschedule efforts. We want nothing more than to be there with you on your wedding day and are very stressed about the media's destruction of this. Key things here: do not "FEAR" and please refrain from "PANIC"

Thanks Paul for stating this.... We really will back flip to keep you happy and without ANY more added stress. We are sending positive vibrations and keeping the margaritas cold for everyone soon to be here.

By the way, I did a check up this morning with the beautiful ocean here and confirmed, no cases of Swine Flu at the beach. Ocean passes. Actually, the beach was the most refreshing moment imaginable. We hope you all get to share these same moments with your loved ones here soon!

saludos
              mateo

#617 kimrae99

kimrae99
              • 103 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thanks Matt and Paul!! It's great to have your support.

Brides, I just got this email from a friend and it really cracked me up. I thought of all of you, so definitely had to share! I hope it gives you a good laugh as well.

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
                Do you suffer from shyness?
                Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions,ask your doctor or
                pharmacist about Margaritas.

Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident
                about yourself and your actions.

Margaritas can help ease you out of
                your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing
                to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Margaritas almost immediately and with
                a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent
                you from living the life you want to live. Shyness and awkwardness
                will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never
                knew
                you had.
                Stop hiding and start living, with Margaritas.
                Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or
                nursing should not use Margaritas. However, women who wouldn't mind
                nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.
                Side effects may include
                Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration
                Loss of motor control
                Loss of clothing
                Loss of money
                Table dancing
                Headache
                Dehydration
                Dry mouth
                And a desire to sing Karaoke
                WARNING: The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you are
                whispering when you are not.
                WARNING: The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to tell your
                friends over and over again that you love them.
                WARNING: The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to think you can
                sing.
                WARNING: The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you can
                logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
                After careful research one has learned that red wine and champagne may
                be interchangeable with the product - Margarita.
                Please pass this on. Don't let that inner shyness and low self esteem go
                untreated.
                Try Margarita, little salt and lime

#618 latown9958

latown9958
                • 32 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

Im gonna have a shirt made -

I SURVIVED SWINE '09!

or maybe -

"Under the INFLUENZA" (With a big margarita glass on the front!)

OR ANOTHER GOOD ONE:

"If you can read this, Your close enough to catch my swine flu."

:) Keep positive ladies!
                  XOXO LAUREN

#619 Dee83

Dee83
                  • 108 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kimrae99
                    thanks matt and paul!! It's great to have your support.

Brides, i just got this email from a friend and it really cracked me up. I thought of all of you, so definitely had to share! I hope it gives you a good laugh as well.

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
                    Do you suffer from shyness?
                    Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions,ask your doctor or
                    pharmacist about margaritas.

Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident
                    about yourself and your actions.

Margaritas can help ease you out of
                    your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing
                    to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of margaritas almost immediately and with
                    a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent
                    you from living the life you want to live. Shyness and awkwardness
                    will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never
                    knew
                    you had.
                    Stop hiding and start living, with margaritas.
                    Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or
                    nursing should not use margaritas. However, women who wouldn't mind
                    nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.
                    Side effects may include
                    dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration
                    loss of motor control
                    loss of clothing
                    loss of money
                    table dancing
                    headache
                    dehydration
                    dry mouth
                    and a desire to sing karaoke
                    warning: The consumption of margaritas may make you think you are
                    whispering when you are not.
                    Warning: The consumption of margaritas may cause you to tell your
                    friends over and over again that you love them.
                    Warning: The consumption of margaritas may cause you to think you can
                    sing.
                    Warning: The consumption of margaritas may make you think you can
                    logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
                    After careful research one has learned that red wine and champagne may
                    be interchangeable with the product - margarita.
                    Please pass this on. Don't let that inner shyness and low self esteem go
                    untreated.
                    Try margarita, little salt and lime
                    hahaha love it!!!

#620 Carolyn

Carolyn
                    • 1,235 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

I think I'm going to have a margarita tonight for dinner. I Love that email!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users