Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Desire I'm so sorry to hear that your SIL and friend are being such jerks!!!

You do not need to be dealing with this and I think you said it right.. the most important people will be there no matter what and you are marrying your love in paradise!

I hope everything turns out beautifully for you!

((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
I am so censored.gif mad right now!!! I am upset/furious! First of all I found out that about 8 people had backed out of my RM wedding in 3 months because of the swine or whatever its called flu (we don't have that many going as is). Three censored.gif months away!!!! Not only that, one of the guests is my only brother and his bitch of a wife that I can't stand. I really want my brother and cousin to be there and all of the ones that canceled said that if I move it somewhere else that is safe from the swine flu, they will come. Soooo after crying, constantly staying on the computer searchingshitfan.gif, FI and I decided to change our wedding to Jamaica. While I was on the phone with my TA this morning telling her about our possible switch and getting rates I said don't worry about my best friend and her husband-that I will talk to them about everything today and let them know about the switch myself instead of letting the TA call them. Well, the TA then informed me that my friend and her husband have called and talked to her, but NEVER BOOKED. Not even $1. These are friends that have LIED to us. They said that they booked months ago and I never checked up on it because I believed them. They called Tyler and I the day they "booked" and said that they were soooo excited and they had just dropped off the money and fully paid. They lied to us. I am so sad. I was wondering why my friend hadn't called me freaked out yet (she is a panic type person)-it is because they never booked. I am speechless. Okay getting back to my brother and wife and close cousin and her husband....they said that they would go ANYWHERE-but just not Mexico. I spent all that time and energy and tears and decided on Jamaica and my mom called and told them the good news and my censored.gif SIL said that they are NOT GOING AT ALL. That Jamaica is "dirty" and "she has never heard anything good about it" -her words not mine. I am beyond pissed. She told my mom that if we move it to Florida that they will go (they aren't from Florida, i guess that is just where she picked for me to have my own wedding). WTF!!! She also stupidly said that Jamaica "will be hit by a hurricane along with Cuba" WTF? Where does she think Florida is? Does she think its immune from hurricanes! Whoever gave her two degrees is retarded. So censored.gif them. I don't even care anymore. My wonderful parents, sister, and Tyler's wonderful parents and brother are going to Jamaica in all our glory!! I don't care who is there! Screw the liars and negative Nancy's! bunny_4.gifshots.gif Thanks for listening. My eyes are red from tears and it feels so good to vent to y'all.
Oh my! This is beyond horrible!! I'm so sorry you are going through all this when you shouldn't be. Where is the loyalty from your "best friend?" They lied unnecessarily. This is reason enough to go elope! At least you know the few people who will be loyal to you and your FI, they are obviously the ones that will stick with you through thick and thin. If I were you, I would keep the location or if you want to be safe, change it but just have your parents, sister, and his parents at the wedding. Don't tell anyone else. censored.gif them! Each day, I thank my lucky stars that FI and I are doing it alone!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to have to deal with this type of BS that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensatori Bride View Post
I think that I'm just going to go for it. We will more than likely loose a few people but at this point we are just way too close and I really don't want to postpone. This thread has been great and even though I'm stressed I am still looking foward to my beautiful beach wedding!
That's the spirit!!

Oh my goodness, Desiree.... I am so sorry that you're dealing with all that. I can't believe that people actually flat out lied to you. What horrible people! You deserve better!

On a side note, my boss has asked me to stay out of the office. I'm working from home today, and apparently I'm working from home tomorrow too! I called my Dr who hasn't called back yet. Yay paranoia!

Omg des!!!!!!!!! {{HUGE HUGS!!!!}} I'm soo sooo sorry! What A-holes!!!! have you talked to them yet? We were also considering Jamaica cause some of our guests are freaking out too. I'm writing a letter to all of them and trying to get some feedback. i know Joe's Aunt is the only one who hasn't booked and now is waiting to see whats going to happen w/ the swine flu, which really irks me cause she is paying for her, her husband, and her 3 sons. And her oldest son is our officiant, and her middle son is our best man! I'm afraid other people are freaking out and aren't saying anything and will quietly back out. i'm trying to wait it out til mid june early july and hope it blows over, but I don't know!

If I had the money honey i would leave 4 days early and stop in jamaica to be at your wedding! I love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
I am so censored.gif mad right now!!! I am upset/furious! First of all I found out that about 8 people had backed out of my RM wedding in 3 months because of the swine or whatever its called flu (we don't have that many going as is). Three censored.gif months away!!!! Not only that, one of the guests is my only brother and his bitch of a wife that I can't stand. I really want my brother and cousin to be there and all of the ones that canceled said that if I move it somewhere else that is safe from the swine flu, they will come. Soooo after crying, constantly staying on the computer searchingshitfan.gif, FI and I decided to change our wedding to Jamaica. While I was on the phone with my TA this morning telling her about our possible switch and getting rates I said don't worry about my best friend and her husband-that I will talk to them about everything today and let them know about the switch myself instead of letting the TA call them. Well, the TA then informed me that my friend and her husband have called and talked to her, but NEVER BOOKED. Not even $1. These are friends that have LIED to us. They said that they booked months ago and I never checked up on it because I believed them. They called Tyler and I the day they "booked" and said that they were soooo excited and they had just dropped off the money and fully paid. They lied to us. I am so sad. I was wondering why my friend hadn't called me freaked out yet (she is a panic type person)-it is because they never booked. I am speechless. Okay getting back to my brother and wife and close cousin and her husband....they said that they would go ANYWHERE-but just not Mexico. I spent all that time and energy and tears and decided on Jamaica and my mom called and told them the good news and my censored.gif SIL said that they are NOT GOING AT ALL. That Jamaica is "dirty" and "she has never heard anything good about it" -her words not mine. I am beyond pissed. She told my mom that if we move it to Florida that they will go (they aren't from Florida, i guess that is just where she picked for me to have my own wedding). WTF!!! She also stupidly said that Jamaica "will be hit by a hurricane along with Cuba" WTF? Where does she think Florida is? Does she think its immune from hurricanes! Whoever gave her two degrees is retarded. So censored.gif them. I don't even care anymore. My wonderful parents, sister, and Tyler's wonderful parents and brother are going to Jamaica in all our glory!! I don't care who is there! Screw the liars and negative Nancy's! bunny_4.gifshots.gif Thanks for listening. My eyes are red from tears and it feels so good to vent to y'all.

TG- I am freaking furious reading this, I actually cannot believe it! To know that you invested hours @ an extremely high stress level trying to get your wedding straightened out for the needs of others, only for them to be untruthful to you, or worse, back out regardless of where you chose.....it seriously infuriates me. I am SO F($)$* pissed off FOR you.

Where is your brother on this, and why does the SIL decide everythinghuh.gif Have you talked to him about it?

One thing I do know is that regardless of where the wedding is, you are going to have a great time with Tyler and you'll be so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Jamacia is a fantastic location and you're pictures will still be incredible! You also have a wonderful AHR to look forward to. (I think you should un-invite the SIL to spite her! what a BITCH!)

You've been such a big help on this forum and are so responsive and thoughtful. I am so sorry this is happening to you and I wish I could fly my whole crew to come to your wedding and party with you, because you deserve it!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif sad.gif

Tylersgirl just give her it both barrels here is the excuse you've been after for ever lol

I just had a big fight with one of my friends when I said look cancel you lose your cash so wait the 3 days it'll take them to cancel the wedding lol She said well I'm not sure I want to go now this has taken the shine right off it!! wtf does she think it's done to me lmao

So I said look I don't give a fuck do what you want and hung up - i'm sick of it lmao