Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:58 PM
Hey Everyone - ive been keeping tabs on this thread - with a wedding in Nov im hoping it blows over too. My guests have to book by June 15, im hoping this happens sooner rather then later. Though im totally aware of the media blowing this out of proportion. I just rcvd this from my travel agent.
Sunquest Vacations (who we are using) has cancelled all packages to Mexico until June 4.
Sunquest media statement re: Mexico program - MUST READ!
Sent: April 28, 2009 2:28:04 PM
To: Ashley Schier (email@example.com)
If this email is not displayed properly, click here
To ensure that you receive my mail in your inbox, please add me to your safe list. You can view instructions here.
28-Apr-2009 12:41 PM
Re: Sunquest stop Mexico Program until after June 4, 2009
Apr. 28, 2009
Re: Sunquest Mexico bookings
We appreciate that our customers are concerned about travelling to Mexico at this time due to the cases of Human Swine Influenza. The Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, have now issued a travel warning against all non-essential travel to Mexico. Therefore, Sunquest has taken the decision to not operate our programs to Mexico, effective immediately, however at present we plan to resume our operations after June 4, 2009.
The following policy will apply to all Sunquest Mexico bookings between April 28 and June 4:
For those passengers departing from now to June 4, 2009 (inclusive):
- You may change your booking to any other Sunquest destination, including the ALBATours Italy program, for travel anytime up to Oct. 31, 2009;
- You can cancel your booking and receive a travel credit for the amount, which must be used before Oct. 31, 2009 to any destination Sunquest or ALBATours offers;
- You must pay any price difference if the cost is higher;
- There will be no refund for any difference in rates if the cost is lower;
- Travel must be commenced by the end of October 31, 2009;
- These changes must be made through our call centres
We recommend that customers also check with their travel insurers, as you may have coverage for this type of incident.
We will continue to monitor this situation and will keep you advised. We would ask those who are travelling on later departure dates to be patient as this situation evolves.
Please note, we will continue to operate our flights to collect all passengers currently in Mexico. We will advise if there are any changes by our airline partners.