Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#191 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

I just had 4 people cancel today and our wedding is 3 months away!!! Ugh! I feel so bad for all the RM girls!!!

#192 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

I just wanted to share a more positive outlook/experience. My wedding is May 30th and none of my guests (45 people) are panicked or thinking of cancelling. The feeling is everything will be sorted out soon and it has been way overblown, people just need to be careful. At the end of the day it is the flu, no one is going through Mexico City, and there are no reported cases in Cabo. You can catch the flu from anywhere. Anyways, just trying to urge others not to panic... though I completely understand!! Hang in there everyone. For those brides that are getting married this week, though, I feel so bad you have to deal with this - I wish you the very best!!

#193 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

Honestly, maybe I am sounding naive and insensitive but if it was me I would put a mask on for the flight and I'd be there in a second! I mean really, it's a flu, not a nuclear attack. I'm sure way less than 1% of the population will end up contracting it. And 99% of those who contract it will probably just be sick for a few days and then be fine. It would not stop me from attending somebody else's wedding. I think only people with weak immune systems (children, seniors, anyone who already has pre-existing medical conditions) should be concerned.

Perhaps I am being naive but that is my opinion.

#194 jls62081

• 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

We are getting married on May 18, 2009 but we are planning on leaving May 12th!! I am freaking out!! Not sure what we are going to do yet. I think we are going to wait a couple days and see what happens! But i know now they are advising against travel to Mexico. I am just soooo stressed out about all of this!! I just dont think we are going to be able to get our money back. We paid for our close family and friends for their accomidations so we are most likely going to be out all that money!! I just dont know what to think!

#195 MayBride

• 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

Our wedding is scheduled for 5/23 in Cabo. We have also been inundated with calls/emails from our guests. Luckily, everyone seems willing to wait and see what this becomes. We still have 3 weeks until departure. The news tends to sensationalize stories like this. Still keeping fingers crossed.

#196 droland03

• 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hello PV Brides,

Is anyone concerned about traveling to Mexico due to the swine flu outbreak? My wedding is in PV on June 1, 2009 and we are all becoming concerned even though there have been no reported cases in PV yet. My fingers are crossed that this does not affect my wedding in anyway....

#197 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

Blkatz-I am thinking about you. I am so sorry sweetie!

#198 Adlergray

• Banned
                • 294 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

There is already a thread about this here is the link

#199 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blkatz
                    we are down here now, and we are thinking about bagging it. All of our guests have canceled
                    AHH Im sooo sorrry!! I dont know what to say...:-(

#200 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that for those with weddings this week & upcoming month I'm thinking of you! Hopefully, things will blow over soon.

I'm so sorry for all the added stress and worry this has caused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users