Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sgbrown

Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

Recommended Posts

Hola my beautiful and fabulous "Swine Flu" Mexico brides!!! hug2.gif

Yep, I'm determined to turn this damn circus of a media freakshow into something positive wink.gif So we will now be regarded as fabulous Swine Flu brides woot2.gifwoot.gifwoot2.gif

 

Anywho....just wanted to share an email I received yesterday from some good family friends who live in Playa del Carmen. They along with their two young daughters will be attending our wedding and we know they would be completely honest with us if our health and safety was in question by going to Mexico. Reading his email made me feel much more positive, but also very sad that the people in Quintana Roo are being victimized by all the media hype. They own a transportation/tour company and I know they are losing a lot of money down there because of this along with so many others who rely on tourism for their income.

 

* He sometimes has a funny way of translating from Spanish to English just an FYI wink.gif

 

 

AN UPDATE FROM THE RIVIERA MAYA:

 

Hola Mariesam

 

We thank you for your prayers guys, we are fine thank you god, in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya we have no problems with the Swin Flue, the situation is that our President send an order to the country to avoid meetings or group of people any where, the economy is stoping cause the water parks like Xelxa, Xcaret, Tulum, Chichen Itza, Tulum etc., are closisng doors, Canadian, Europeans and Spaniards stop coming to Canc?n Airport for the warnings they have in their countries, like a said in this area there are no Swin Flue problems, you know that the media makes a little situation in a big situation, i don`t want to say that i minimize the problem but we are (like you say in the message you send us) thousands of miles away from Mexico City, so is some thing that our goverment is handleding, i checked with some travel agencyes clients about the situation and they toll me that every thing is going to be normal in 1 month ( i hope).

 

We call a friend in Veracruz (he is a Hospital Doctor) in he toll us that the situation is real in Veracruz, Mexico City, San luis Potosi, Estado de Mexico, Oaxaca (here is where the swin flue start), Chiapas.

 

I will inform you about how the situation is moving in this area, if you decide to move your wedding area let us know please.

 

We send you a lot of love and ones again thank you for you prayers

 

Silvia & Ismael

 

Ismael Sauceda

General Manager

Sauce Vacations S.C de R.L

www.saucevacations.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball4402 View Post
Air Mexico! It was canceled because of the Flu...

Its been really hard to find other air!
From my understanding most of the Air Mexico flights connect in Mexico City which is I'm sure why they canceled. We're on Continental and haven't had any issues so far. Regardless, that completely sucks and I am so sorry you have to deal with this! At least you have a little time to rebook. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted!
smile03.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSam View Post
Hola my beautiful and fabulous "Swine Flu" Mexico brides!!! hug2.gif
Yep, I'm determined to turn this damn circus of a media freakshow into something positive wink.gif So we will now be regarded as fabulous Swine Flu brides woot2.gifwoot.gifwoot2.gif

Anywho....just wanted to share an email I received yesterday from some good family friends who live in Playa del Carmen. They along with their two young daughters will be attending our wedding and we know they would be completely honest with us if our health and safety was in question by going to Mexico. Reading his email made me feel much more positive, but also very sad that the people in Quintana Roo are being victimized by all the media hype. They own a transportation/tour company and I know they are losing a lot of money down there because of this along with so many others who rely on tourism for their income.

* He sometimes has a funny way of translating from Spanish to English just an FYI wink.gif


AN UPDATE FROM THE RIVIERA MAYA:

Hola Mariesam

We thank you for your prayers guys, we are fine thank you god, in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya we have no problems with the Swin Flue, the situation is that our President send an order to the country to avoid meetings or group of people any where, the economy is stoping cause the water parks like Xelxa, Xcaret, Tulum, Chichen Itza, Tulum etc., are closisng doors, Canadian, Europeans and Spaniards stop coming to Canc?n Airport for the warnings they have in their countries, like a said in this area there are no Swin Flue problems, you know that the media makes a little situation in a big situation, i don`t want to say that i minimize the problem but we are (like you say in the message you send us) thousands of miles away from Mexico City, so is some thing that our goverment is handleding, i checked with some travel agencyes clients about the situation and they toll me that every thing is going to be normal in 1 month ( i hope).

We call a friend in Veracruz (he is a Hospital Doctor) in he toll us that the situation is real in Veracruz, Mexico City, San luis Potosi, Estado de Mexico, Oaxaca (here is where the swin flue start), Chiapas.

I will inform you about how the situation is moving in this area, if you decide to move your wedding area let us know please.

We send you a lot of love and ones again thank you for you prayers

Silvia & Ismael

Ismael Sauceda
General Manager
Sauce Vacations S.C de R.L
Travel and Tours Experts ¡¡
MarieSam - THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT EMAIL! I've now had my MOH, flower girl, one groomsman and MY DAD cancel. My dad recently had surgery and he's also one of those that got the "company email" stating that no employee should travel to Mexico. I know it's just protocol, but do they not realize that it's just as close to them in the states as it would be in Mexico...ridiculous! We're still moving forward as planned because trying to rebook everyone that didn't buy trip insurance would be way more hassle in my opinion...or if we did it at home they'd be out all of their money. Just as I thought things were looking up...I got all those calls yesterday. censored.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am soooo pissed right now!!!! I called my Dr. yesterday to get a prescription for the tamaflu or the other one saying that I am going to Mexico in 2 weeks (for our site visit) which is what the CDC has told travelers to do.

 

So I get a call at 8:15 this morning (which I know is not early for some but my daughter and I don't get up till 9 soo already pissed at whoever is calling before I need to be up!

 

Anywho, Its my dr. who proceeds to go yooour gooing to Mexico? you know there's a travel warning out. Nocensored.gifI called you for the prescription because I wasn't aware there was something going on. " You know you probably shouldn't be going, Well if the situation gets worse you should not be going ect, ect stfu.gif yes I'm aware. Oh my god it was so frustrating to have her sit there and act like I'm totally incompetent or dumb for considering going!

 

However I found out after all this madness that while the CDC has told us to all go to our DR for a prescription to take with us. The CDC has told Dr's not to give it out unless you are exposed or have it because to many idiots who don't need it right now made a run on. Thanks panicy people everywhere!

 

 

Sorry for venting but there are reported cases in Chicago so whats the difference? I just really hate being treated like an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I am double crossing my fingers hoping that all of this passes soon so that you all with weddings soon can go back to planning the fun stuff!

 

Anyway, DH and I are still in PV and I wanted to give you a quick report from down here in Mexico.....

 

we were suppose to leave today but have decided to stay one more day b/c we are just having too much FUN!!!! smile29.gif

 

seriously our resort is practically empty! there was maybe 15 other hotel guests that we saw yesterday, we just kept running into the same people over and over again

 

we did go into town on wednesday night and really nothing out of the ordinary at all

 

this is really hurting the economy down here...everything just has to be losing so much money because of it. there are still no confirmed cases in Jalisco or Nayarit ( the states that PV is in)

 

i don't think our parents were excited when we called them last night and said we are staying blush2.gif hee hee hee hee! oh well we figure we are down here already and probably won't be on vacation again for at least another 6 mos or so!

 

when i called the airline to change our tickets the guy laughed at me (i think he knew i had had a few cervezas) and said that i was the only one who he had talked to today that actually wanted to extend!!!!!! and they waived our change fees and all that because they are doing that for everyone with mexico tickets (at least Frontier Airlines is doing that) !!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

anyway, hang in there...try to keep informed of the situation but also remember the american media is really hyping this!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update Andi!! I'm so glad to hear that you are having such a great time. It really helps me to think positively about this whole situation.

 

Thanks again and have a safe trip back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlergray View Post
So I am soooo pissed right now!!!! I called my Dr. yesterday to get a prescription for the tamaflu or the other one saying that I am going to Mexico in 2 weeks (for our site visit) which is what the CDC has told travelers to do.

So I get a call at 8:15 this morning (which I know is not early for some but my daughter and I don't get up till 9 soo already pissed at whoever is calling before I need to be up!

Anywho, Its my dr. who proceeds to go yooour gooing to Mexico? you know there's a travel warning out. Nocensored.gifI called you for the prescription because I wasn't aware there was something going on. " You know you probably shouldn't be going, Well if the situation gets worse you should not be going ect, ect stfu.gif yes I'm aware. Oh my god it was so frustrating to have her sit there and act like I'm totally incompetent or dumb for considering going!

However I found out after all this madness that while the CDC has told us to all go to our DR for a prescription to take with us. The CDC has told Dr's not to give it out unless you are exposed or have it because to many idiots who don't need it right now made a run on. Thanks panicy people everywhere!


Sorry for venting but there are reported cases in Chicago so whats the difference? I just really hate being treated like an idiot.
My doctor said the same thing, so I schooled him a bit (hey, I'm a doctor too!). He apologized and called the prescription in for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Hey guys, I am double crossing my fingers hoping that all of this passes soon so that you all with weddings soon can go back to planning the fun stuff!

Anyway, DH and I are still in PV and I wanted to give you a quick report from down here in Mexico.....

we were suppose to leave today but have decided to stay one more day b/c we are just having too much FUN!!!! smile29.gif

seriously our resort is practically empty! there was maybe 15 other hotel guests that we saw yesterday, we just kept running into the same people over and over again

we did go into town on wednesday night and really nothing out of the ordinary at all

this is really hurting the economy down here...everything just has to be losing so much money because of it. there are still no confirmed cases in Jalisco or Nayarit ( the states that PV is in)

i don't think our parents were excited when we called them last night and said we are staying blush2.gif hee hee hee hee! oh well we figure we are down here already and probably won't be on vacation again for at least another 6 mos or so!

when i called the airline to change our tickets the guy laughed at me (i think he knew i had had a few cervezas) and said that i was the only one who he had talked to today that actually wanted to extend!!!!!! and they waived our change fees and all that because they are doing that for everyone with mexico tickets (at least Frontier Airlines is doing that) !!!!!!!!!!!!


anyway, hang in there...try to keep informed of the situation but also remember the american media is really hyping this!!!
Andi, thanks for the post. Why dont' you just stay until Monday or Tuesday and come visit me at the Moon Palace. :)

~ My TA sent this today, has anyone else heard this?

I was just told today that this H1N1 is missing an important protein to jump from human to human more prevalently to start a worldwide pandemic or emergency. 90% why all countries, agencies and governments jumped so quickly was this was a new strain and they needed the emergency funds released before it was too late (remember Katrina).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlergray View Post
So I am soooo pissed right now!!!! I called my Dr. yesterday to get a prescription for the tamaflu or the other one saying that I am going to Mexico in 2 weeks (for our site visit) which is what the CDC has told travelers to do.

So I get a call at 8:15 this morning (which I know is not early for some but my daughter and I don't get up till 9 soo already pissed at whoever is calling before I need to be up!

Anywho, Its my dr. who proceeds to go yooour gooing to Mexico? you know there's a travel warning out. Nocensored.gifI called you for the prescription because I wasn't aware there was something going on. " You know you probably shouldn't be going, Well if the situation gets worse you should not be going ect, ect stfu.gif yes I'm aware. Oh my god it was so frustrating to have her sit there and act like I'm totally incompetent or dumb for considering going!

However I found out after all this madness that while the CDC has told us to all go to our DR for a prescription to take with us. The CDC has told Dr's not to give it out unless you are exposed or have it because to many idiots who don't need it right now made a run on. Thanks panicy people everywhere!


Sorry for venting but there are reported cases in Chicago so whats the difference? I just really hate being treated like an idiot.
Jillian - If it helps I got my Rx at a Walgreens Take Care Clinic. I'm not sure if they have them in your area, but CVS also has something similar. Many of our other guests have also said that the MD is not giving it to them...worth a shot! The office visit was only $30. Good luck!
shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×