Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild (LA Times) latimes.com/news/…

ABC video interview with Dr Timothy Johnson cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/…

Preliminary analysis of the swine flu virus suggests it is a fairly mild strain, scientists say (BBC) BBC NEWS | Health | What scientists know about swine flu

Obama: Swine flu may be like ‘ordinary flus†(MSNBC) Swine flu fears ease ? for now - Swine flu- msnbc.com

The last one there, for example, contains this bit:

'CDC flu chief Dr. Nancy Cox said the good news is "we do not see the markers for virulence that were seen in the 1918 virus."'

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, the first 2 links didn't show up. Here is the first one: Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild - Los Angeles Times

Here is the second story: Yahoo!

I sent the stories to my SIL and Brother who have decided not to go and this is what they responded with: "As long as the CDC is not reccommending Mexico trips it will be a no go for us.........we will just wait it out and see....."-UGHHHHH! stfu.gif

Des tell them to call the CDC and ask what they consider nonessential travel. I know one of the girls called and the CDC said that with the money and time put into this vacation it would be considered essential and they didn't see any reason not to go.

Don't worry girl I'm sure by August this will all come around and they will have to find a new excuse or get their butts to PDC!

Tylersgirl - that is really good news, thanks for sharing! And BOO to your SIL and bro! I seriously think this will pass by the time your wedding rolls around and then they'll just feel silly (well maybe not B!tchy SIL, but bro...)

smile03.gif

hijacked.gif

Jac - like your new pics!

Jaime-You are very welcome. Maybe some brides can email that to their guests or put it on their websites to ease some fears.

My SIL is just trying to control my wedding. She is using the swine flu as an excuse and it really pisses me off. She said that she thought that "y'all (my family) would err on the side of safety"-WTF? I need to start a stupid SIL thread, haha.

Desiree - I agree with you, she sounds like it is bugging her not to be in control. She needs to drop the reins. You are doing the right thing though - don't give her the control. Maybe she'll change her attitude once she realizes it doesn't get to you (at least act that way! lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Tylersgirl - that is really good news, thanks for sharing! And BOO to your SIL and bro! I seriously think this will pass by the time your wedding rolls around and then they'll just feel silly (well maybe not B!tchy SIL, but bro...)

smile03.gif

hijacked.gif
Jac - like your new pics!
You seem to have missed the part about this being a serious illness. If people do not want to risk getting sick that is their business and I don't think anyone is being "silly" or "B!tchy" because they are taking the proper precautions. Who are you to judge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy14 View Post
You seem to have missed the part about this being a serious illness. If people do not want to risk getting sick that is their business and I don't think anyone is being "silly" or "B!tchy" because they are taking the proper precautions. Who are you to judge?
Jaime is entitled to her own opinion and she can say whatever she wants to. We do NOT attack people on the BDW forum.

Sorry, I did not mean it as an attack I just do not think it's right to judge people that you don't know for making what they think are informed decisions. I understand that you are concerned about your weddings and that you want to make your day special but you have to realize that people all over the world are seriously concerned about this virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy14 View Post
as a noob, you're not aware of the relationship jaimelynne and tylersgirl have already established with each other. jaime wouldn't just go randomly calling someone's SIL "b!tchy," and she was also just saying if/when this all turns out to be nothing serious later, won't they THEN feel silly? honestly i think you read a little too much into it. let's calm down and breathe.

also, we're all fairly certain this swine flu isn't nearly as serious as the media has made it out to be. i for one, hope we are correct.