Deadly swine flu virus in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
We were going to reschedule our wedding to Jamaica, but Tyler and I decided that swine flu and less guests-we don't care we are still going to Mexico and having our dream wedding. We still have 3 months and alot can change in that amount of time! XOXO
Tylersgirl, I am so happy you are going forward with your original plans! Your wedding will be beautiful and the wedding of your dreams! Minus a very stupid SIL! I will bet you money that in the end your brother and SIL will be there at the wedding! Your SIL will be SOOO jealous because you had such a fabulous destination wedding!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaWeddings View Post
To MarieSam and all the BDW brides who have booked photo and/or video with us (PlayaWeddings). We're going to do backflips to make sure you get the best coverage for your wedding day. We're going to put extra effort into all of our weddings. We'll send extra copies of the DVDs so you have a great wedding video to give to anyone who decides not to come.

I think I can speak for all the vendors in the Riviera Maya. You can expect extra special attention and "above-and-beyond" service from all of us down in the Riviera Maya. I can promise it for all our PlayaWedding clients.
I think that's the best thing I've heard all week ~ it's like beautiful music to my ears! cheesy.gif Finally a day that starts off on a good note!!!! Thank you Paul and the entire Playa Weddings crew.

I am crossing my fingers and toes that things get better soon not only for myself but also for all the many brides on BDW so that we can all continue on with our original plans without any worries. And I truly hope that that Mexico as well as the rest of the world will soon go back to normalcy, and this horrible episode of panic and uncertainty will soon become a distant memory. humble.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by latown9958 View Post
let me rephrase that - some people are canceling weddings who do not have to and their weddings arent even until two and three months away - others have to ( military, canada, etc) which they have no choice in the matter and I feel so bad for all of you girls being forced to. But just know it will be great no matter where you end up :)
Yes, some people have canceled weddings that are 2-3 months out but that is because they have had important guests cancel/hardly any guests etc. and it isn't the wedding they have planned to have, etc. Whether brides are forced to cancel or whether they feel like they need to cancel on their own-both are sad! Everyone has different circumstances and I wish everyone the best no matter what they decide to do. smile03.gif

Hi Everyone

Im joining the no longer getting married in mexico club :-( Our wedding was suppose to be next week adn with half our guests (all family and close friends) coming from Europe and Israel - they all had to cancel. One of our groomsmen cancelled and three other guests told us their jobs wont let them back for 2 weeks if they go to mexico. This is all horrible timing and trust me if my wedding was 3 weeks out or more I dont think id even consider canceling. This breaks my heart...but for us its really important to have our family and friends there. We are now looking into a plan B somewhere in CA (where FI and I live) - ideally in June. I have no idea how Im suppose to plan a wedding in a month when this one took me over a year.

I do want to say though that THANK GOD for this forum! Its so nice to have a place i can be honest and where ppl know where I am coming from and get so much support.

The hardest part of this is knowing that it didnt have to be this way and that its totally been blown out of proportion. I mean if it was something super serious Id be the first one to cancel - but it just sucks that our wedding got ruined for something that in my opinion should not have been such a big deal.

As its been said before to all the brides that move forward with their Mexico weddings i know it will be amazing!!! (and im super jealous)

For all of us who have a new "destination" happy planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAzul View Post
Hi Everyone

Im joining the no longer getting married in mexico club :-( Our wedding was suppose to be next week adn with half our guests (all family and close friends) coming from Europe and Israel - they all had to cancel. One of our groomsmen cancelled and three other guests told us their jobs wont let them back for 2 weeks if they go to mexico. This is all horrible timing and trust me if my wedding was 3 weeks out or more I dont think id even consider canceling. This breaks my heart...but for us its really important to have our family and friends there. We are now looking into a plan B somewhere in CA (where FI and I live) - ideally in June. I have no idea how Im suppose to plan a wedding in a month when this one took me over a year.

I do want to say though that THANK GOD for this forum! Its so nice to have a place i can be honest and where ppl know where I am coming from and get so much support.

The hardest part of this is knowing that it didnt have to be this way and that its totally been blown out of proportion. I mean if it was something super serious Id be the first one to cancel - but it just sucks that our wedding got ruined for something that in my opinion should not have been such a big deal.

As its been said before to all the brides that move forward with their Mexico weddings i know it will be amazing!!! (and im super jealous)

For all of us who have a new "destination" happy planning...
Yael ~ that totally sucks! Are you still planning to come down for a honeymoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula0509 View Post
Hi Ladies,

My fiancee just got a call from his friend who works for the Associated Press, asking to interview us for a story about how DWs are being affected by the Swine Flu. I'm on the fence about this one - we're still planning to continue with our May 30th wedding in Cancun, for about 80 people. Is there going to be a lot of backlash that we're irresponsible for doing this? I hope not. I think a lot of people out there (especially my guests) know that the media is blowing this way out of proportion...
I do not this you're being irresponsible at all! Like another bride said, way to say FU to the swine flu!! Just be responsible when you're down there and everyone will be fine.

Yael - I'm so sorry to hear that you had to cancel. My thoughts are with you and all the other brides going through the same thing.smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Yael ~ that totally sucks! Are you still planning to come down for a honeymoon?
I have no idea what we are gonna do...

I just feel so horrible for our guests and all the $ they will lose. The resort isnt refunding rooms - just letting ppl rebook through Dec

ladies - i just wanted to post and let you all know that when i was planning my wedding i had to deal with a similar situation - my wedding location was cancelled due to reasons out of my control and we had to scramble and re-plan, re-book and re-do almost everything

here is the thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t17979

while it was VERY shocking and upsetting - it only took a couple of hours before DH and I realized that everything happens for a reason and it was not the end of the world - that whatever we wound up planning / finding would probably be even better (and it was) and the way it was meant to be.

i know that while you are going through this it is hard to keep perspective but i hope i can serve as a reminder that what really matters here is how you and your FI get through this -as a team, a couple, a partnership. and that as hard as it may seem right now, don't let the bitterness or anger take over - the better your attitude is, the more good things will come to you!

xoxo

alyssa