Photo

Customs in Mexico : an effort to gather the info in one thread !

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 delauren

delauren
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

Thank you so much for all this information - I assumed I would be able to ship everything down there in advance but I'm realizing from all of you ladies that this is not really possible!

#62 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
    • 590 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

*bump*

I leave in 5 days... I don't have a ton of stuff. Just one small suitcase full of decorations and I have the receipts (of which the value is under $150)... My question is when they ask you why you are in the country do you say it's for your wedding? I mean, dumb question from the chick holding her wedding gown... but still. I just don't want any problems.

And for past brides when they went through your stuff... did they mess everything up? I am soooo anal, and pack like I am playing Tetrus. LOL I remember back a month after 9/11 I flew to Vegas and on the way home while going through customs the officer asked if at any time did we leave our luggage unattended. I STUPIDLY said yes, with the hotel concierge... he went through everything right there in front of everyone incl. a plastic bag full of dirty underwear. ?

#63 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

WOW!! I had no idea. thank you!!!!

#64 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
        • 279 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
        *bump*

I leave in 5 days... I don't have a ton of stuff. Just one small suitcase full of decorations and I have the receipts (of which the value is under $150)... My question is when they ask you why you are in the country do you say it's for your wedding? I mean, dumb question from the chick holding her wedding gown... but still. I just don't want any problems.

And for past brides when they went through your stuff... did they mess everything up? I am soooo anal, and pack like I am playing Tetrus. LOL I remember back a month after 9/11 I flew to Vegas and on the way home while going through customs the officer asked if at any time did we leave our luggage unattended. I STUPIDLY said yes, with the hotel concierge... he went through everything right there in front of everyone incl. a plastic bag full of dirty underwear. ?
        You are good to go. One bag compared to the 12 I brought will be nothing for them. Yup just be honest saying you are there for your wedding, smile, be pleasant and everything will be ok.

In our case they didn't mess with anything. They opened up about 4 of the 12 luggages, saw the receipts on top and closed it. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

#65 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
        • 590 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for the piece of mind! My FI thinks we are taking way too much stuff, LOL. I'll be sure to tell him about your 12 suitcases.

#66 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
          • 266 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
            *bump*

I think that is the cutest thing I have ever heard a bride say on here. Good luck on your wedding in 9 days.

#67 lolo

lolo
            • 187 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

thanks for the story...i had no idea we may be red lighted. i may have to bring receipts

#68 lexibride

lexibride
              • 276 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

I bought mini bags of scented bath salts for everyone's jacuzzi tubs. Does anyone know if this is considered an "agricultural" item and would be rejected?

#69 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

12 bags!!! I have 6 suitcases prepared and can't figure out how I'm going to even lug them all into the airport!

#70 Jess3414

Jess3414
                  • 218 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

I just figured I would ship everything. I hope none of it's a problem!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users