Photo

Customs in Mexico : an effort to gather the info in one thread !

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 aprilmay

aprilmay
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lisa_k
    I have the same question! My coordinator said that we should be fine, as long as we FedEx the stuff down. And nothing can be made in China. But I'm still a little worried. Any advice?

Nothing can be made in China WTF? Are they actually going to search something to find the little sticker?? That's weird.

Great thread! Thanks to everyone for posting!

#42 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
    • 5,078 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lisa_k
      I have the same question! My coordinator said that we should be fine, as long as we FedEx the stuff down. And nothing can be made in China. But I'm still a little worried. Any advice?
      what i think almost everything is made in china...oh goodness.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Paige2010
      Lady Di~ were date twins! :)
      Woo woo!!!

#43 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
      • 429 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by aprilmay
        Nothing can be made in China WTF? Are they actually going to search something to find the little sticker?? That's weird.

Great thread! Thanks to everyone for posting!
        Yeah... that's weird! I live in China and 98% of my stuff is coming from China. I'd be in pretty big trouble if nothing can come from China.

I think we'll be fine! No worries!

#44 lisa_k

lisa_k
        • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

I dunno. I really have no idea what I'm talking about...but that is what my coordinator said. I asked about shipping down items and she said to use FedEx and make sure that nothing had a "Made in China" label on it.

#45 Paige2010

Paige2010
          • 208 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

That would be horrible to have your stuff taken because it said made in China!

#46 lauraereed

lauraereed
            • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Big help, thank you.

#47 ~Angela~

~Angela~
              • 4,172 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

Bookmarked! I will probably have to review this in a few months! Thanks for all the info!

#48 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
                • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Has anyone run into issues with customs when shipping items to your wedding coordinator?

#49 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
                  • 279 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Hmmm I wanted to send things down too. I asked my wedding coordinator about this and this is her response

"Not a problem. You can send as many things as you want ahead of time; I'll store them for you. Now please before you send anything check with the company you are using if what you are sending is allowed into Mexico. I had past experiences with brides that they lost everything because one thing is their box wasn't allowed and they couldn't rescue anything. Everything was thrown away by customs."

I am curious to know also how many things get "misplaced" or "lost" by customs.

#50 bcbride

bcbride
                  • 176 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

I am a little worried about the customs in Mexico too. I was wondering about our rings and IPOD and IPOD speakers, do you ladies think I would need to bring receipts for these items? I googled the topic and found this website: Mexico Entry Requirements & Customs - Travel - LATimes.com
                    and it said:
                    To avoid paying duty on foreign-made personal items you owned before your trip, bring along a bill of sale, insurance policy, jeweler's appraisal, or receipts of purchase. Or you can register items that can be readily identified by a permanently affixed serial number or marking -- think laptop computers, cameras, and CD players -- with Customs before you leave. Take the items to the nearest Customs office or register them with Customs at the airport from which you're departing. You'll receive, at no cost, a Certificate of Registration, which allows duty-free entry for the life of the item.
                    Anyone planning to get this "Certificate of Registration"?
                    Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users