Photo

Customs in Mexico : an effort to gather the info in one thread !

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#101 lisa_k

lisa_k
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

We did personalized matches for our wedding and had no problems with TSA. We checked them in. I don't know if we were just lucky, but we had about 200 match books & match boxes and we got them all to Mexico without a problem.

We also had no problems with customs in Mexico. We did have receipts for peace of mind, but we really didn't need them. I think when they see a bride coming through with a dress in hand, they are pretty comfortable with all of the OOT bags, decorations, etc. I'm sure they see it all the time!

#102 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

Great thread!
      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#103 Jess3414

Jess3414
      • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

I was thiking of trying to take sparklers with me. Haha if they don't allow matches sparklers may be a bad idea...?

#104 msglave

msglave
        • 933 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jess3414
          I was thiking of trying to take sparklers with me. Haha if they don't allow matches sparklers may be a bad idea...?
          Jess, please let us know if this works. I had thought about it too!
          The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
          Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#105 missgomes

missgomes
          • 296 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

great thread.

#106 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

A bride here said that she wanted to take sparklers but her mom who works for the airlines told her no they are not allowed.

#107 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lady_Di
                A bride here said that she wanted to take sparklers but her mom who works for the airlines told her no they are not allowed.
                Sparklers are definitely not allowed, I wouldn't even risk this one!

#108 *Krista*

*Krista*
                • 819 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

does anyone know about coming back from Mexico and bringing maracas? I'm thinking about buying a bunch while I'm down there to use as favours for my AHR, I would split them up and have my mom, MIL, SIL, etc take 10 or so each in their suitcase, but do you know if this would be a problem?
                  July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#109 echo2_62

echo2_62
                  • 1,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

I don't think it'll be a problem to bring back maracas, especially when they're split up between a few different people. When you re-enter Canada there is a certain dollar amount that each person can claim (I think around $600 - it was really late when I got in last night with the slip!!) for the total of all purchases made, so considering they're gifts and probably won't cost that much I think you'll be okay.

#110 *Krista*

*Krista*
                    • 819 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Thanks!!! I'm glad to hear that we wont have any problem bringing them back with us!
                      July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users