Photo

Finally found our Sand Ceremony kit ... and in an unusual place...*pics in post #10*

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

So, FI and I had been talking about the Sand Ceremony for awhile and he (surprisingly) agreed to it right away. We'd been looking online at sets and really just hadn't "fallen in love" with any of them ...

So, because our wedding is in like, 3 weeks, we were running out of time to order a set online! So, last night we hit the town to try and find something we could use at a local store. First stop was Pier 1 Imports ... and wow were we ever lucky!

We found the perfect "set" of 3 glass vases (and I tried to find them online, but they don't have the pics so I'll post pics when I get home tonight). And while they are plan, I hit up our local art store right away and found some great organza ribbon, a few beads, a Swarovski heart and some fishing wire and I'll be DIYing these vases into a beautiful Sand Ceremony kit! And we got teal and white sand to mix together and we're going to top it off with sand from the beach where we are.

Oh and the three vases cost us $55 CDN .... quite a good deal if you ask me!!

I promise pics tonight ladies!

#2 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
    • 436 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

great!! Please be sure to post pics!

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

That sounds like it is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see the pic!

#4 niujess

niujess
        • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

That sounds great. It's always nice to find things that you can piece together on your own instead of getting a plain kit that doesn't always suit your personality. Looking forward to the pictures.

#5 deefalvey

deefalvey
          • 521 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

looking forward to the pics!
            Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#6 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
            • 4,512 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Great news Miranda! I've been having trouble finding something online too so I'm looking forward to your pics!
              *Formerly Nikki07*
              My Planning Thread

#7 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
              • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

awesome girl!! way to go!... cant wait to see how u pulled it together

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#8 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                • 475 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

BTW... i got my stuff at Michael's (craft store) for under 10$.. im going to dress them up a bit but they are perfect and beachy

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                  All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#9 litl_april

litl_april
                  • 351 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

How exciting that you were able to find something!! I can't wait to see pics!

#10 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                    • 512 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

I don't know why I can't edit the first post ... but here are the pics!

So, I don't have a glue gun (yet) so I just taped the ribbons on to show you girls what I want to do ... and the middle one, I'm a bit unsure of how to combine the two colored ribbons ... any suggestions would be welcomed!! You girls are DIY queens so I trust your suggestions!!

Oh and sorry about the quality of the images ... I can never make my camera work at night ...

Click the image to open in full size.

One of my cats who HAS to stick her nose in EVERYTHING:

And here's my question for you girls. Should I DIY our initials (just first names) on our respective sand vases with these diamond sticky thingies??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users