So I did this on Sunday afternoon and the process was pretty simple.
- Wash/dry your hair like normal (w/o worrying about getting it straight)
- Apply formula to hair and comb thru to make sure each strand is affected
- Once the whole head is done, comb all hair dfor 5 mins to "activate"
- Dry hair (again w/o worrying about straightening)
- - the drying part took a LONG time, I think b/c the straightening liquid was like creamy or something
- Then flat iron the shit out of it in small sections! (this took a while too)
- Then you are to keep hair dry and straight, with more flat ironing if needed, for 4 days before washing
I am on day 2 right now and not sure how to make it to day 4! I can't wash it until Thursday night according to the instructions, but I feel like a greasy blond Morticia! It's so dirty looking alraedy and it's so stinking straight it just hangs.
My mom says to hold out, so I'm pretty sure I can make it to tomorrow night. And hopefully I can then say, it's only one more day to Thursday! But I'm really not sure. i might have to buy a silk scarf or something to wear over my head!
I didn't do before pics or anything, but if the results are good, I can show after. My hair isn't super curly, just wavy and fuzzy looking. This is supposed to tame it down so I can let it air dry and not be wild. We shall see!
ETA: I can't believe I forgot to write this b/c it was the main reason I wanted to get in this thread. But when I got to work yesterday morning, I combed my hair b/c it was windy walking in. When I was done, I looked down and had a LAP full of broken hairs!! I got so nervous that I was going bald and started googling, only to find that it happens to alot of people!! I was tempted to wash it out last night, but the breakage seemed to have stopped. So I've been monitoring it ever since.
Here is the product I used - http://www.keratinao...en/Products.php