Photo

Keratin straightening

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 blushingbride

blushingbride
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Oh wow!!! You have great results, and your hair looks healthier. Hmm...maybe I should look into this too. My hair is naturally curly...and whenever I go to DR I don't even bother straightening it becuase I know it's going to be one frizzy mop as soon as I hit the tarmac!
    Keep us posted on your new do... :)

#12 adurrell

adurrell
    • 49 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

I too have naturally curly hair. Can you tell me how long it takes to have it done? I would love to get this done for the summer. I'm going to ask my hairdresser. In the after pictures, did you just let your hair air dry?

#13 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

It took about 3.5 hours for them to do it.
        When I finally washed it I let it air dry. In the first after picture, it was right after they did it and they used the flat iron. The second one I used a wide barrel curling iron to get the wave in the bottom. When I let it dry, it wasn't pin straight, but it was straight enough, and no frizz. It took me about five minutes to straighten it with the iron, instead of 30 minutes. I don't wash my hair every day but I'll be doing it again tonight so I'll try to get back on here before I leave for my vacation with another update.

#14 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

My one month update on the Keratin Straightening - It was worth every penny. I can blow dry my hair straight in 15 minutes - I couldn't even do it before! It dries naturally relatively straight, but I can make it wavier if I use a diffuser.
          It stays straight in major humidity, which we have here in Jersey. My hair is soft, and I also had it highlighted 2 weeks later and it's fine.

This is the product they used to do mine...I can say I'm 100% satisfied.

Keratin Complex Hair Therapy?

#15 koolatta

koolatta
          • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

I did the keratin treatment last year and loved it. Its been 6 months and I plan on doing it again. I'm glad it turned out good for you as well!!
            http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#16 lenka14

lenka14
            • 151 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

I got the Keratin treatment done last week, and washed my hair twice since then. The results are amazing! I no longer have to flat iron my hair (which I used to do almost every day), and it looks shinier and healthier than ever! It takes me 5 minutes to style it now, as opposed to the at least an hour before.

So far I am super happy with the results and would highly recommend this to anyone who also has uncontrollable frizz.

#17 NESS

NESS
              • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

I am considering getting it, I have curly hair that I straighten out all winter long and so I'd rather just get this done and let my hair dryer and straightener get a rest. I would think it's better than heat styling my hair everyday.

Has anyone had the Brazilian Keratin straightening done?? Do you have any advice on this?

#18 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

no but I will be interested to hear how it works, since I would be in the same boat!
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#19 blumenthale

blumenthale
                  • 242 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

I heard that if you hair is colored it will break off.

#20 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

I LOVE keratin!
                      I had it done in April and am having it done again next week!

I have thick very wavy hair that I could not blow dry straight by myself.
                      After the keratin I could do it in 10 minutes.

Totally worth the money and my hair is highlighted and it doesn't break - it's not chemicals like the Japanese straightening so it doesn't hurt your hair.

Here's a before pic:
                      Click the image to open in full size.

And after:
                      Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users