Photo

Keratin straightening

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Has anyone tried the hair straightening system called the Brazilian Keratin Treatment or also known as the Kerating Protein Straightening Complex? If so, please briefly describe hair type, length of time it lasted (especially if you work out) and cost factor. It would also help if you mention ethnicity as well because my search has only yielded reviews from my caucasian sisters and I need to find out how well this works on african american hair. Thanks for your responses.

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

I saw someone had posted a question about this a while ago but nobody answered it. I had the Keratin Straightening Treatment done yesterday so I will keep you up to date with my experience with it. My hair is pretty wavy/curly, it's highlighted and is very frizzy unless I flat iron, which I don't like to do because it's so damaging. I wanted to try this out now, and see how it worked through the humidity of summer here, and hopefully it will keep my hair calm for Jamaica next year. Right now it's kind of annoying because I can't even put it behind my ears, a pony tail, or wash it for 3 days!

#3 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

What is Keratin Straightening? Did you have it done at a salon? I'm interested to hear how it turns out!

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

It's a less damaging way to straighten your hair than the Japanese hair straightening. It's done in a salon - it can be expensive - it was $300 and I had $50 off + you have to use special shampoo and conditioner. It doesn't make your hair stick straight, but it gets rid of the FRIZZ, which is what I really wanted and it makes it easy to make it straight if you want to.

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

Yes that's what I need too! I can't let my hair air dry because it's so frizzy and gross. I have to use a straightening iron every day (my hair is yuck-wavy). I'm going to ask my salon about this!

Let me know how it works out for sure!

#6 jk1101

jk1101
            • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

So I washed my hair after 3 looooong days....of course it was the first HOT weekend here...90 degrees and I was all over the place in a motorcycle helmet and then gardening...It was really starting to smell a little funky!

I let it dry naturally after just combing it, and my hair was relatively straight, smooth, shiny and no frizz!!!!! I'm very pleased. Today it took me literally about 5 minutes to straighten with the iron. I'm going to give it a thumbs up for now. I want to see how long it lasts.

#7 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

That's awesome! You need to post before and after pics

#8 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

Here are a couple of before -
                  THis is in Punta Cana with 100% humidity
                  Click the image to open in full size.

This was in September - me just airdrying my hair on a normal day

Here are 2 after:

THis is the day they did it

This is today - I washed it yesterday and kind of flipped it with a wide barrel curling iron.

I'm going to be in Memphis this weekend for a music festival and it's supposed to rain the entire time - that will be the true test!

#9 Sloan

Sloan
                  • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

OMG I need and want this! That looks awesome! My hair is gross-wavy too, but I blow dry and flat iron EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even if Im sitting around at home in my PJ's all by myself. How long is it supposed to last?

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

It's supposed to last up to 4 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users