Photo

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#431 katelynn

katelynn
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

Found one I LOVE!

Just wondering where you guys got your TTD if you didnt use your own...I am having such a hard time finding one!

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#432 NEMMERZ

NEMMERZ
    • 195 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

I have to agree......

I personally learned from experience.  This is my second marriage and my first wedding dress is preserved in a box under my bed and no one dare to wear it since it is so outta style now.......

So I am gonna Trash My Dress and honestly leave it at the resort...........LOL

Sounds terrible I know..........but I wont wear it again

#433 Yezel

Yezel
      • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

I think a good question I want to ask regarding the cleaning bills and what have you....why are you saving your dress? 

Cleaning bills can range in the $300's where I live for a wedding dress.

I chose to do a trash the dress with my wedding dress because I honestly couldn't figure out what to do with the dress after our wedding.  My mom had three daughters and NONE of us wore or are going to wear her dress.  Instead, my husband and I tore apart the dress after the TTD Session to make a christening blanket for our future little ones.

#434 J&E2011

J&E2011
        • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

I'm still unsure about trashing my wedding dress. I spent an insane amount of money on my dress, (I don't regret it one bit, I love dress!) but I just can't picture myself going into the ocean with it... and I can't seem to find anything that looks like THE dress at a cheaper price...   I guess it kinda has to look somewhat similar to the dress that I wear on the wedding day.  Does it?

I'm still debating... this is the hardest decision! 

#435 marinemeuwec

marinemeuwec
          • Site Supporter
          • 68 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

Wedding gown preservation kits are around $150 and they will clean the dress and preserve it for you.  I would be more worried about the damage to the dress in the ocean from the salt, and wear and tear on it (loose beading, etc).  If the dress is satin or taffeta I would recommend running it under tap water in the tub after the TTD session and then when you get it home immediately getting it cleaned or preserved.  I would not recommend doing TTD with a silk dress...it will ruin the fabric if you are planning on using it again.  Hope this helps!

#436 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
            • 162 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

My FI and I are going to be doing a TTD in Jamaica the day after our wedding. I want to purchase another dress just for the TTD because I will have to wear my ceremony dress at our AHR.

Has anyone wore a short dress for the TTD or is a longer dress recommended?

#437 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

I have looked at lots of TTD dresses and it seems most go with long dresses, but there are some shorter dresses.  Its your TTD and you are allowed to use whatever length, color, or style or dress you want!!

Originally Posted by JessicaP2012 

My FI and I are going to be doing a TTD in Jamaica the day after our wedding. I want to purchase another dress just for the TTD because I will have to wear my ceremony dress at our AHR.

Has anyone wore a short dress for the TTD or is a longer dress recommended?

#438 kellykanester

kellykanester
              • 236 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

I am planning on doing a TTD with my original dress, I hope that it will rinse clean and I can use it again for our at home reception !

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#439 sbelland

sbelland
                • 47 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

From what I have read the salt water can actually clean your dress from all the sand and dust. As I am planning on keeping my dress, I'm hoping this is the case! 

Originally Posted by kellykanester 

I am planning on doing a TTD with my original dress, I hope that it will rinse clean and I can use it again for our at home reception !

#440 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
                  • 261 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

There anything such as waterproof eyeshadow?

I went to MAC yesterday and they only have something called Mix Medium that makes the pigments water resistant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users