Photo

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#401 andim

andim
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by reaganlane
    Ok, so random question about ttd sessions...do u wear light makeup and just waterproof eyeliner and mascara? Or no makeup at all? I could just see all my TTD pics coming out with racoon eyes and runny makeup. Brides who have done ttd...what did you wear for makeup?
    This is a good question, I was wondering this as well!

Another question, I'm not sure if this is right thread or not, but where is a good place to buy a second dress to trash? I just wanted a white strapless dress but I'm having a hard time finding one for around $100. Thoughts?

#402 reaganlane

reaganlane
    • 180 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by andim
      This is a good question, I was wondering this as well!

Another question, I'm not sure if this is right thread or not, but where is a good place to buy a second dress to trash? I just wanted a white strapless dress but I'm having a hard time finding one for around $100. Thoughts?
      I'm going to look at David's Bridal $99 sale and on craigslist. Since I am getting a second hand one to trash, I think I am going to go with a different style than my original. The dress I purchased is not as poofy and princess'ish as I thought I wanted so I think my TTD will be. That way I can feel like I have the best of both worlds. :)

#403 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
      • 272 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

A Trash The Dress can work anywhere. I would like one day shoot one day in a disused factory. But I’m lucky to live in Mayan Riviera and shoot most of them in a really amazing piece of paradise: A lost Cenote with a cave area and an outdoor pool in the middle of the jungle.

TTD are the most enjoying sessions of my job. Is about sharing with people the most beautiful natural places of Mexico!

Can you believe me? Just have a look on what I’m talking about on my blog: Trash The Dress in a Cenote .

And if Caribbean beaches are the best for you: Beach Trash The Dress .

I’m looking for now new locations to bring people to another different spots in Mayan Riviera or else where! coming soon!

#404 theend903

theend903
        • 173 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Did you use your real dress for the TTD photos, or did you bring another dress for those photos

#405 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

there are several threads out ther already on this very topic, here is one of them:
            http://bestdestinati....ns-here-41334/

be sure to use the search function first!
            http://bestdestinati....k-forum-32320/

Mods, can you merge/delete this?

#406 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by theend903
              Did you use your real dress for the TTD photos, or did you bring another dress for those photos
              i used just one dress. i love it that it's the same dress as the ceremony, but i'll admit that it was a little heavy when it was soaking wet and it made it a bit difficult to walk out of the water. still i'm totally happy with the way it all went and i can't wait to get the rest of our pictures back from the photographer!
              http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
              and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#407 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
              • 1,213 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

I've had many brides trash their actual wedding dress, and a few that get a 2nd dress just for the TTD. But, I'm still looking for a bride that will trash 2 dresses :) No matter what, you have to do a TTD - you'll always be thankful you did. The most amazing photos can come from the TTD session!

#408 StephyD

StephyD
                • 342 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

I cannot wait for my TTD session!!!! I plan on buying a 2nd dress for it...

#409 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
                    I've had many brides trash their actual wedding dress, and a few that get a 2nd dress just for the TTD. But, I'm still looking for a bride that will trash 2 dresses :) No matter what, you have to do a TTD - you'll always be thankful you did. The most amazing photos can come from the TTD session!
                    give me a dress and i'll trash it!! :)
                    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
                    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#410 reaganlane

reaganlane
                    • 180 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

For the girls who have already done a TTD...what did you do about makeup? Just like waterproof mascara and light powder and what did you wear under your dress? Did you have anything show thru once the white dress was wet? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users