***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#171 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

Ugh!!! FORGET THEM, HOLLY!!!

I had the EXACT same reaction from my OWN mother when I told her I was doing a TTD, but then after I bought a $75 dress to use instead of planning on using the dress she'd bought for me, she's come around and warmed up to the idea.

I think a lot of people all across the country are just starting of hear of the TTD concept for the first time, and after they get over the initial shock, then they think, "hey, that sounds like it would be pretty cool...wish I would have done that!"

YOU do what works for you and your FI, despite the meddling in-laws-to-be! It's YOUR day, YOUR dress and YOUR decision, my sweet!

#172 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

I just wouldn't even tell them about it. Why do they need to know? Just stop letting them in on all your plans and then maybe they will learn not to criticize so much!

#173 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

I agree with the other girls! They don't need to know, its your day, your dress, your pictures! If they bring it up again tell them you are doing so day after photos.

Small minded people often can not be reasoned with!

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#174 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
        • 168 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

DISRESPECTFUL disrespectful to whom exactly oh, i am sorry, let's not upset Vera and Wang the Wedding Dress God's lest they rain fire and brimstone to haunt your children for the rest of the days to come!! what in the world

seriously, unless your dress was passed down from your great great grandmother who had a desperate fear of the ocean - i am just lost here. Clearly, you even have a second dress so what is the deal? people are hilarious when it comes to weddings.

TTD pics are always my favorite!!!! Don't forget to come back and post yours!
          "Formerly goNDmay9"
          "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

#175 *HOLLY*

• Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

Thanks ladies you guys are always so helpful and lift my spirits!

#176 FutureMsMoulton

• 762 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scubadiva
              OMG I want to scream. I am so tired of hearing how my FI parents do not like things we are planning. The newest and latest his dad is stating TTD is disrespectful and a waste of money...WTF. Ugh I am at my breaking point with these little comments!

Just tell them that its YOUR wedding not thiers and that you have big plans that you and your FI want to do. I am looking forward to doing a TTD session and also getting a 2nd dress for it... where did you find yours at such a great price?

#177 Candice

• 223 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

Hello Ladies,

I have been really thinking about doing a TTD session and I LOVE all the photos with the water and beach etc. but I was thinking of maybe doing something different. I run a home daycare and I the love the kids that come and we are all like family, my FI loves them too and they love him! :) So I was thinking of doing a TTD session with them. How...well taking photos of them throwing paint on the dress, painting the dress etc. Of course I am not going to use my original dress.

What do you ladies think of this idea? Or do you have different ideas I could do while still having the kids in it?

Thanks! :)
                50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#178 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

Thats a great idea....I think the kids are a great addition to the TTD occassion, especailly bc they mean so much to you. They will love that!!!
                  Have fun and post some pics!

#179 silverangel

• 216 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I think that's a great idea! It will be such a unique photo with paint on your dress and all the little ones :)

#180 ClintsGurl09

• 660 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

Excellent and unique idea, it will set you apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users