***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#161 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

VERY good suggestion, Erika!

#162 TCIbride

• 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:29 PM

I always enjoy looking at TTD pic's and even though I'm not going to do it myself, it's not because I think it's disrespectful... what nonsense... Do what you want to do and just politely tell them to keep their negative comments to themselves.

#163 Islandbride2b

• 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:11 AM

I agree with stamperamma, its your wedding, there isnt anyway to make everyone happy. Its something you may just have to turn the other way about and show them how great they are after you do them! good luck to you. :)

#164 *HOLLY*

• Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

ErikaJ that is a great suggestion :)
          My FI saw this post when I was reading the comments his eyes got so big I thought he was going to get upset but he laughed it off. He goes well I dont want to do TTD because I dont want it to ruin your hair and makeup :) HAHAHA He told me to keep everything above my chin dry. We will see

#165 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Erika J
            Strangly, Once I stopped calling it TTD, and started calling it a day after shoot. the parents became much more accepting of it. Maybe you could try that to see if it helps at all.
            This is SO true. My mom was so upset at the idea of a TTD session, but she was much better once it sounded like the purpose wasn't to ruin the dress. I used my real wedding dress and it's perfectly fine now. (She loves the pics by the way.)

I also agree with others who have said to just stop telling details.

#166 Lady_Di

• 5,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Girl, it's your wedding and you should do whatever you want. Don't let anyone tell you other wise!

If you want to do a TTD, then do it!

#167 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'm confused...who is it disrepectful too? The dress designer? I agree with the consensus here - no more details and do what you want :)

#168 Glamourina

• 198 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:36 AM

TTD sessions produce beautiful photos (I didn't do one as it wasn't in the budget for us) and if it's what you and your FI want, go for it despite what anyone else thinks :)

#169 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

Ruin the dress? Honey, my dress was black at the end of the night. The next day we woke up at the crack of dawn and I wore it in the water and the surf totally cleaned it. I wore it again at our AHR, and people couldn't believe how perfect it looked.

Don't listen to any of them...just nod and smile and then do what you want. It is your day. :) But definitely trash the dress! The beach is the perfect place. It will just get clean. And if you don't plan on wearing again, then who cares, trash it! Get your monies worth! I sure did!

Click the image to open in full size.

These aren't even my pro pics...I haven't gotten those yet. My dad came on the shoot with us and took these.

#170 gettinghitched2010

• 158 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:51 AM

I would ignore them and do it anyway. If you don't do it, you may regret it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users