Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I am planning to have our TTD the day before the wedding. Is this weird? I just know that I or FI will be hungover after the wedding and I do not want that to show up in the pictures!!
not weird at all!! we're doing ours during our HM like 4 days later b/c the day after would be toooo much! i want to be able to sleep in and have breakfast in bed :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT1985 View Post
I merged about 30 threads that were discussing either the same thing, or variations of the same thing. Please use THIS thread to post all of your TTD questions/concerns.

If you want to post a thread about that dress that you bought to trash, or your photos once they are done - those certainly deserve their own threads!!

Thanks!
Carly

I have a few questions about TTD. I would LOVE to have pictures of us jumping in the ocean/pool but am a bit concerned. I don't want to actually ruin my dress but it's taffeta so I think this is inevitable when it comes to water right? I also don't want to do it and then have the dress sit in the hot, humid climate of the Caribbean for two weeks to have it cleaned. So i'm curious what you all are doing.
Are you just going to toss/donate your dress in the Caribbean?

Try to have it cleaned before you leave?

Leave it till you get home?

I got my actual dress off ebay for only $340 (retails for $850!) - so it's not like i'm throwing away money if I do ruin it. And I don't really know why I don't want to ruin it since it'll be stored and never used again (though I did see a cute idea where you have your kids picture taken in it every year). I'm just torn right now.
What a cute idea with your kid in the dress each year (what if it's a boy...lol)

Di- not weird at all! We're actually doing ours 4 days before the wedding. We originally did it this way so FI's Mom wouldn't try to intrude, but they ended up booking the same times as us- so we still have that to deal with! And I'm with you guys. I don't see me the next day being a very pretty sight :)

Bride and groom really like the idea of doing a TTD shoot, however bride is not so happy about using her wedding dress for this. I know others mention getting another wedding dress for this.

Does it even have to be a wedding dress? What about getting some different outfits and doing some shoots a day or so after the wedding? I know a lot of people do engagement photos so these would be like ... honeymoon pictures.

We are wondering if we could capture a similar experience yet wear different outfits ... maybe even some bathing suit shots on the beach.

Anyone do non-traditional TTD or post ceremony photos?

Thanks for your feedback!

I photographed a couple on their 10 year anniversary doing a trash the dress in Tulum! It was so much fun, and she just wore a normal dress. Not even white :)

my FH and i are doing a TTD, and i'm wondering for those ladies that didn't use their realy wedding dress for their TTD,

did the dress you wore resemble your wedding dress?

or can it look completely different?

Click on the sticky note at the top of this forum. There is a huge thread on everything you ever wanted to know on TTD. From what I've read, it is a totally mixed bag - some wear their same dress or one similar, others wear a totally different dress and yet others wear non-bridal clothes. I don't think you can go wrong! Check out that post and I think you will find the answer to most of your questions. Happy planning!