Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Try searching The Photos section or Google or the Photographer websites (the vendors on BDW) there are tons of pics out there of girls in all kinds of dresses. I know I've seen pictures of girls in the poufy dresses doing TTD.
Well, I have to search again, all I find is small dresses.

Thanks anyway.

OMG I want to scream. I am so tired of hearing how my FI parents do not like things we are planning. The newest and latest his dad is stating TTD is disrespectful and a waste of money...WTF. Ugh I am at my breaking point with these little comments!

You should totally do it if it's what you want!

I wasn't planning to ruin my dress on the day-after photo shoot, but somehow I ended up covered in mud. But it was one of my favorite memories from my wedding. You can send the dress to fabric restoration afterwards if you're planning to keep the dress. It'll run you a few hundred dollars, but it's worth it!!

The funny thing is his mom asked me to get a seperate dress so I dont ruin mine. I already bought the dress for $60.00 and its almost matches the one I have. UGH. He also states its a waste of money. Um HELLO its pretty much payed for with the photographer and I have my 2nd dress. My blood is boiling over here!

are your FI's parents contributing financially to the cost of the photographer or the dress?

If not, politely tell them, "I realize you may find it foolish or a waste of money, but [FI name] and I have decided that we are going to do this. It's our wedding and this is special to us. "

If they are contributing, it's time to have a different kind of chat -- Thank them for their financial contributions but politely explain that the fact that they gave you money for the wedding does not mean that they get to make any of the wedding decisions.

Of course say it all with a smile, and follow it with, "I know you guys understand, right?"

:)

My parents thought I was crazy when I told them the concept of the TTD, but I did it anyway. They ended up being happy with the way the pics turned out. Do it if you want to do it. It's worth it!! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by finzup View Post
are your FI's parents contributing financially to the cost of the photographer or the dress?
If not, politely tell them, "I realize you may find it foolish or a waste of money, but [FI name] and I have decided that we are going to do this. It's our wedding and this is special to us. "
If they are contributing, it's time to have a different kind of chat -- Thank them for their financial contributions but politely explain that the fact that they gave you money for the wedding does not mean that they get to make any of the wedding decisions.
Of course say it all with a smile, and follow it with, "I know you guys understand, right?"
:)
They are not paying for the photographer or my dress. They are putting some money in but that is towards the AHR. Nothing to do with my wedding and TTD. We never asked for $ but they want to help which is great. However these comments are made to my FI and not me. I am a part of this too.

Have you shown them any TTD pictures? I don't think people realise how beautiful they can be, and they are shots you can only get by getting into the surf and "trashing the dress" It's not like you are going to be acting like a spoiled toddler wreaking their new sunday best

You need to explain to them that this is you and your FI's wedding and that this is something you want. Like finzup said if they aren't contributing financially they have no say in our they think you are "wasting" money. If you want to do it, it's not a waste of money. My Fi's mom cannot understand why I would want to ruin my wedding dress, and I just said because I do it'll give me beautiful pictures, wonderful memories, and I'm only wearing the dress once so I might as well have fun in it! Just explain how important it is and show them examples of what you want to do.