***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

I tried using the links that were posted several pages back, but they don't seem to be working for me-- I am wondering what materials are best? I am thinking about getting a separate dress for TTD, but the one I like is satin and organza-- I am thinking the satin will be fine, but what about the organza- any thougths?

Thanks!

Tracy

i think a TTD would be so much fun! i'm trying to decide if i'd rather have it in the ocean or in a cenote. i think either one would be a great option! i am not the least bit concerned about my dress being ruined. and even if i have to toss it/leave it, hey - that's one fewer thing i need to carry home with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i think a TTD would be so much fun! i'm trying to decide if i'd rather have it in the ocean or in a cenote. i think either one would be a great option! i am not the least bit concerned about my dress being ruined. and even if i have to toss it/leave it, hey - that's one fewer thing i need to carry home with me!
Oh I would pick a cenote for sure!!!!! I would have LOVED to do ours in a cenote but there just aren't any on the PV side of Mexico. so ocean it was for us!

BUT here are some cenote examples that i just LOVE. Del Sol does a lot of TTD's in the cenotes I believe and they are so BEAUTIFUL

Del Sol Photography Blog - 12.11.09 Karen + Charles Trash the Dress | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

Del Sol Photography Blog - 12.10.09 Bahar+Brad Trash the Dress | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

Del Sol Photography Blog - 10.12.09 Marissa + Louis | Cenote Trash the Dress | Video by Christian

Also I love this one from Critsey Rowe:
Tulum Wedding + Dos Ojos Cenotes After Session = Caliente! | Charlotte Wedding Photographer - Critsey Rowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
andi - thanks so much for the ideas and the pictures! some great stuff there. i haven't looked into much for doing it at a cenote. sounded like a good idea, and these pics help cement that idea - such a unique surrounding!
sure no problem....now you know why I would have loved to do my TTD in a cenote!

To be honest I think we were still drunk for our TTD shoot in the morning. It was fun and I'm so thankful we did it. heck I would do it again for anniversary pics one day. I'm a sucker for TTD.

A Cenote TTD shoot is gorgeous! Great links Andi! Those are some of my faves too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Melissa~ View Post
To be honest I think we were still drunk for our TTD shoot in the morning. It was fun and I'm so thankful we did it. heck I would do it again for anniversary pics one day. I'm a sucker for TTD.

A Cenote TTD shoot is gorgeous! Great links Andi! Those are some of my faves too!
oooh a TTD shoot for your anniversary! now that is a good idea!!!!!! we are thinking about going to Playa for our 1 year in April....hmmmmmm....DH might kill me though!

Ladies can you help me out? I'm searching for that thread where photogs discussed what makes a good TTD dress, and can't seem to find it anywhere! Well, actually I noticed it referred to earlier in this thread, but the link was broken sad.gif

I'm going dress shopping next week (yippee!!!) and definitely want to keep my TTD in mind. A lot of the dresses I like are tafetta, but I seem to recall some photogs saying that tafetta is not the greatest since it ends up being a bit of a balloon in the water!

I wonder if anyone has had a good TTD experience with a tafetta dress they could share? Also, I have noticed that there are different types of tafetta - wonder if that makes a difference?

Thanks!

So we just returned from our wedding and honeymoon. While the resort photographer was gone by the time I jumped in the ocean I had an informal session with my MOH. I wouldn't really say my dress is trashed but I think I should warn people who have beading with metal backings that they might end up with rust on their dress. I rinsed my dress in the shower and hung it out to dry on the balcony overnight. The drying wasn't an issue at all (all but a small part of the train was dry overnight) and I only noticed the rust had transferred from the beading to my dress a couple days later. My dress is a replica from China so it's probably not an issue with designer gowns but my advice is to check your dress and hand dry any beading with metal backings with a blow dryer. I'm taking it in this week to get it dry cleaned and hopefully it comes out. I'm not too upset if it doesn't, though I REALLY hope it does. I was hoping to wear it for our AHR but who knows now. It doesn't look too bad from a distance. Just a heads up...