Casa China Blanca?

Hello! I am considering this villa for our wedding in April 2010- and have seen a couple reviews of it- but not many. Did anyone out there go to look at the villa or better yet, have their wedding their? Pros? Cons? Etc? One thing that I'm concerned about is providing transportation out to the villa from either Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta depending on where we end up having our guests stay- does anyone have recommendations or experience with transportation? Thanks everyone!!!!

Hi eventsugar - I have seen pictures and talked to someone who had their wedding there. She said it was incredible (and the pictures show so as well - it's amazing).

Have you thought about using a wedding coordinator? They handle everything - my wedding coordinator handles a lot of weddings at Casa China Blanca if you want her info - they handle all the transportation also

The place is amazing - good luck!!

The place looks amazing, as recommended by Jess, a WC will be a great help for you, I am working with Hector and Pris from Prisar Vallarta and I remember seeing pics from a wedding there... it was gorgeous!!! For transportation , Prisar is helping with this, they even suggested, we are renting an bus to move our guests from Church to Ceremony, because the Church is in a Residential zone very close to the marina... so there are no taxis in the zone.

In the are of the Villas is the same, you will note get taxis regularly on the street, so you will need to arrange the transport to get your guests back to hotel at the end of the reception.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked China Blanca for my April 2011 wedding (I know, I'm really ahead of time!). I haven't seen it in person but read up on it and looked at the photos a million times and have fallen in love with it! I'm in touch with a few wedding planners/coordinators right now but have yet to select one.

As for transportation, but fiance and I have decided to rent a bus (I know it seems a little un-glamorous, but it's convenient!) to bring our guests to and from their hotels in Vallarta to the villa itself on the wedding day. I got a quote from one company for about $500 (USD) but we are going to ask our planners if they can find any better rates. Let me know if you'd like their info!

davina

http://atfirstsightstudio.com/blog

Hi Ladies.

I have booked Casa China Blanca for my wedding for Jan 2010, after doing a ton of research on villas everywhere from Punta Mita to Mismaloya. I too did it sight unseen but hear it is amazing and I have a ton of pictures of weddings that have been done there from my WC and my future mother in law visited it for me as she lives down there. If you would like to see them, feel free to send me a message and I can forward them to you.

I am going to provide a bus to and from as well. My guests are going to stay in NV as it is much closer than PV to the villa (but will definitely go in to PV as it is the best town). I'm not sure if you know the area well but my fiance is actually from there so if you have any questions, please feel free to email me. A WC is a good idea for a wedding at a villa as they are a bit more difficult to organize on your own than at a resort, assuming your budget permits. I'm using Dazzling Details and they are awesome. They pay attention to every little detail, are so helpful and tell you like it is. Happy planning :)

Thank you all! You have been so helpful! Davina- I would love the transporation info. I'm considering using Prisar- and they said they could coordinate- so if I get a quote less than $500 I will definitely pass along!

SSBroch- I would love to see the pics- I will PM you as well! I was also thinking about staying in Nuevo Vallarta- do you know how long it takes to get to the villa from there as compared to Puerto Vallarta? I will be going down in July so can check some of this stuff out- I'm just wanting to start planning now! THANKS!!!!

Nuevo Vallarta is about 25 minutes from the villa. Puerto Vallarta is about 45 minutes. I will likely be there this July too! :) When is your wedding?

As an FYI - if you rent a bus, when you get into the neighbourhood, they won't allow big buses on the street so you will have to switch over to little vans or something.. no big deal but just wanted you to know for booking buses. The quote I got was around 500$ too.

Sandy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...