Desperate for Help! We're in MX for our Wedding, did we forget something?????

Hi Girls!

Please help if you know about this or have already been through it.

We are in Mexico right now for our wedding on Saturday. Well, tonight as we were eating dinner i suddenly seemed to remember that we were supposed to do something related to our birth certificates. We are from the US if that matters.

I came back to the room and looked up what we were told. Well, we hired Luxe but I have no emails talking about birth certificates excpt in regards to being adopted and I was told that I was good to go.

Are we supposed to have our birth certificates with us?!? We met with our WC today she never mentioned about it either.

Please help! We are having a civil ceremony on Saturday and I'll die if we aren't having a real, legal wedding!

i hate to say this, but it's my understanding that you DO need them, as well as an apostille document on each, tourist cards from the airport, and 4 business days in mexico (and i am getting married at dreams cancun, which is owned by the same company, amresorts). the only way i'd think you were maybe ok is if you had sent the wedding coordinator copies of your documents beforehand? i would verify with the WC that you have everything you need for the legal ceremony, and if not, skip the blood tests (if you haven't already had them) and just have a symbolic ceremony (honeslty, no one but you will know the difference ... you still get a "certificate") and then do the legal thing back home. it will save you all the costs associated with the legal ceremony (document translations, blood tests, etc.). it may not be what you were hoping for (i understand completely because i'm doing the legal ceremony in mexico myself), but you will still have just as beautiful a wedding, in paradise, with the man you love. and i'm sure that to you both, the day will hold no less meaning.

wishing you the best on this ... i sincerely hope i'm incorrect and that all goes as planned!

ok i regret to have to post this, but here are the marriage requirements as posted on the secrets maroma beach riviera cancun website:

Legal Requirements For A Wedding In Puerto Morelos, Mexico

The bride and groom must be in Mexico three working days prior to the wedding ceremony (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays do not count). If bringing witnesses they MUST BE IN MEXICO 3 DAYS PIOR TO THE CEREMONY.

Passports from bride, groom and witnesses if joining the couple and foreign. Please send us a copy by fax at least one month in advance. Legal form filled out with information previously sent by guests must be checked and signed. This information goes on the Marriage Certificate. Signatures from bride, groom and witnesses are mandatory. The wedding coordinator will send you these forms, please send back this information one month in advance.

Documents will be signed upon arrival to the hotel and in the meeting with the wedding coordinator.

Blood test should occur in Mexico. Upon arrival, a blood test can be done if the doctor is available, if not, an appointment must be made. The cost is $200.00 USD, which is paid in cash to the doctor.

Birth certificate that is Apostilled (validated by a Notary Public in US) and translated into Spanish (in Mexico). All of this can be taken care of at the office where these certificates are issued (Public Register Office). Please be advised that if you do not have this document you will not be able to get married. There is an additional $50.00 USD per page that needs to be translated into Spanish and must be done in Mexico by a certified attorney. Please bring your originals or send us a copy of the birth certificate & the Apostilled by fax at least one month in advance. If the bride or groom has been divorced, a copy of the Divorce Decree and the Apostilled (validation) is required. These documents must be translated into Spanish in Mexico by a certified attorney. An additional charge will apply. The Divorce Decree and the Apostilled must be received at least one month in advance.

FMT Tourist card: will be provided by Customs at the airport upon arrival. Please fill this card out with your full name as it appears on your passport.

Directly after the ceremony, this document will only be valid in Mexico. To make this document valid in the USA and/or Canada, it must be submitted to the Legal Registerâ€s Office for an Apostille or Validation process.

After the wedding, the bride and groom will receive the Marriage License and the coordinator will receive a copy of the wedding certificate, which will be sent to the provinceâ€s Capital City for the validation process. This process will take approximately one to three months. The extra charge for this process is $100.00 USD.

Witness Requirements

Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation

Valid Passport

Copy of a photo id such as a valid driverâ€s license

Hey Kits55, Hang in there cause I think you're covered :)

Found this info that Ceclia sent me and no mention of Birth Certificates required. I've attached the whole document but page 5 is relevant and it's 2009 so it's current.

I am soo excited for you! Wishing you a beautiful wedding and remember to enjoy every minute :)

WHEN DO WE MEET OUR WEDDING COORDINATOR AND WHAT IS OUR FIRST MEETING ABOUT

UPON ARRIVAL you must meet your Wedding coordinator to submit all your documents:

a) Passports (new copies are made of them) from bride, groom and witnesses if joining the couple and if foreign.

B) Legal form filled with information previously sent by guests must be checked and signed. This information is used for the Marriage Certificate. Signatures from bride, groom and witnesses are mandatory.

c) Copy of Tourist Card

d) Blood tests

WHAT MUST THE INFORMATION SENT TO THE WEDDING COORDINATOR CONSIST OF?

BRIDE & GROOM

-Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation,

Professional information: educational degree, working status (occupied, pensioned, welfare), company position (manager, employee, owner), Income (monthly).

Marriage Agreement: a) Joint Possessions B) Separate Possessions.

-Valid Passport. (COPY) *Please be advised that if they do not have valid passports THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED.

-Copy of a photo ID such as valid driver's license.

-FMT Tourist card: it will be provided by Customs at the airport upon arrival to Mexico.

WITNESSES (4 people)

-Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation.

-Valid Passport. *Please be advised that if they do not have valid passports THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PERFORM AS WITNESSES.

-FMT Tourist card: it will be provided by Customs at the airport upon arrival.

***If the couple does not bring guests or witnesses the hotel WILL PROVIDE THEM. They are part of our staff. ( $20 usd each)

*****THE LEGAL CEREMONY WILL NOT BE PERFORMED UNLESS ALL THE DOCUMENTS & REQUIREMENTS ARE IN ORDER, THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS****

Secrets Maroma Beach - Wedding Information 2009-2.doc

Girls: thank you all SOOO much for responding! My FI just got a call back from Cecilia (our WC) and she said that all we need is our passports and visas. So we're good to go with our civil ceremony! This probably complicates matters for other Mexico brides but THANK YOU ALL!

It is AMAZING to me that not only is each state in Mexico different, but that each resort is so incredibly different (and sometimes the coordinators too). We absolutely have to provide our birth certificates (we're getting married in Cabo) and everything I've ever seen about Mexico requires them. I'm so glad that this worked out for you and that you can be legally married as you planned! I hope you hvae no more heart attacks and everyone else goes perfectly.