Photo

Ivory dress = ivory shoes????

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 meli122

meli122
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

My dress is ivory and we are having our wedding on the beach. So I thought ivory flip flops would be best which I already purchased and love. But I was looking forward to buying some pink pumps for the reception too which will be in the gazebo area. Will pink shoes even look right with an ivory dress?!?!?! Now I'm second guessing myself Ahhhhh! Any suggestions........?

#2 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

ivory is so close to white that not only does it go with everything, but you'd never know it was ivory unless it was up against something white, especially in bright sun. the pink shoes will look absolutely fine (i have an ivory dress too, and my shoes are dark red).

#3 litl_april

litl_april
      • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

The pink shoes sound like so much fun! Don't pass them up if it's what you want! I think they'll look great with an ivory dress!!

#4 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
        • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

any colour looks amazing!! wish i had gone with colour in the first place!!!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
          All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#5 m_willis22

m_willis22
          • 123 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

i'm going to have blue shoes for the reception. wear your color and be proud.

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

absolutely - any color will look great!

#7 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:22 AM

yeah I think that ivory is so close to white that it will go with any color. I'm wearing gold shoes with my ivory wedding dress.

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

I SO suggest color shoes w/ any color dress! I think its a real popper to have blue/pink/red/whatever shoes under white/ivory/champagne/whatever dress

#9 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

i agree with jacilynda! i originally wanted to *really* go for the pop of color with not only shoes, but also a colored crinoline! i LOVE the look, but i ended up with a really heavy satin dress and i can't imagine adding anything else to it that might make me sweat more, lol. if it sounds like something you'd be interested in, search for pics of it. really, it looks *so* cool. i've seen plenty of pink ones, and lots of brides choose blue crinolines as their "something blue."

#10 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
                    • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

I think a coloured shoe would look great against an ivory dress - rock the pink shoes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users