Photo

How long is/did your AHR last?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I am trying to come up with how many hours I need to book my AHR venue for. I was thinking a total of 5 hours which includes setup/break down.

Do you guys think that 3 hours would be a sufficient amount of time?
    Or should I be looking at 4 hours? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#2 Adlergray

Adlergray
    • Banned
    • 294 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

I think it depends on what type of AHR you want to have...we rented out a room at one of our favorite places and then we will have an open bar and hor'derves for 3 hours but the place will be open for people to stick around as long as they want. If you are doing a sit down dinner and dancing you probably want 5 if you are just doig cake 2 would be perfectly acceptable

What kind of AHR are you planning?

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

We are renting ours for 4 hours and they will give us 3 hours of set up/break down time for free.

#4 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Ummm... We want to serve Hor'de Vours (Sp?) and have a cake. We wanted to basically show our wedding video, then have a DJ. So basically we want just a party, nothing formal, although we will wear our attire and have a first dance before the dancing begins...

Is this possible in 3 hours?

#5 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
          • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tylersgirl
            We are renting ours for 4 hours and they will give us 3 hours of set up/break down time for free.
            I think I'll call the venue and see if set up/break down time is free. That would be awesome, and would save me some money!

#6 iberostar09

iberostar09
            • 173 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

We were actually deciding between 4 or 5 hours and couldn't decide so I decided on 4 and 1/2..haha! we are doing appetizers, cocktails, and some food. We are also showing our DVD slideshow from the wedding! :)

#7 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
              • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Well I contacted them... and set up is not included for free
                Looks like we will have to include that into our rental price. ($100 hr)

#8 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
                • 354 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

We rented a picnic area for $200 for the entire day (until sunset) so we plan to start our AHR at 1:00 with us getting there at around 12:00 to set up and we plan to go until the last person leaves and then just clean up and go. So it could go as long as 7-8 hours.
                  - Grace
                  Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                  Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                  Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                  Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#9 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                  • 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

We are basically having a party. We're going to have a buffet, cake, bar, and a DJ so we got ours for 4 hours, from 6-10. The banquet hall we are having it at gives us one hour for free prior to the start of our event for our vendors to set up but that doesn't include the time we need to decorate so we will be paying for an extra hour for that.

#10 seaprincess

seaprincess
                    • 753 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

Ours was a flat rate from 6:00 to 1am, so we spent 1.5hrs setting up and then the party started at 7:30pm and went right till 1am. Ours was cocktail syle with dancing.
                      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users