Sign in to follow this  

Question to all of the brides-to-be and already married readers of this forum:

Where in Puerto Vallarta did you have your rehearsal dinner, if any? Did you have it at your hotel or at a private restaurant in town?

If you had it in town, would you mind sharing the name of the restaurant and a ballpark figure of what you paid per head?

We're attempting to figure out our own situation here and would love the advice. Thanks!

Hi, We are having our "Welcome Dinner" at Dacquiri Dick's in PV. This will be during resturant week the meals are 3 course with 3 options and it is 249 pesos. ddpv

For our RD we are going to Karen's Place in Bucerias, they wedding catering starts at 180 pesos, so I am sure a regular dinner is cheaper. Karens place at Bucerias

(http://www.virtualvallarta.com/puert...index.shtmland)

Hope that helps!

I wish I could help, but we are not planning on having a WD sad.gif we have way to many guests. But we are thinking of organizing (nice way to say each person needs to pay their own way) a booze cruise two days before.

Hi there. We actually had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at a place called Epoca. I am sure they would do a rehearsal for you. It is a nice open air place right on the beach close to the canal (market). The easy part was that the owner is an American so we were able to pay in dollars and there was NO language barrier.

The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the entire event was arranged through email. The website is época : A Beachfront Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico if you are interested and the owners name is Kurt. We paid $35 a head for GREAT food and the liquer was based on numbers of bottles opened. But I am willing to bet he would work with you based on your budget.

I will be happy to send you pictures of my ceremony if you'd like (I havent quite figured out the posting thing yet)

Kara-

Did they do any centerpieces or decor for you as well? Do they have an area that could be set up for a private event?

Sunsets look beautiful there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
Hi there. We actually had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at a place called Epoca. I am sure they would do a rehearsal for you. It is a nice open air place right on the beach close to the canal (market). The easy part was that the owner is an American so we were able to pay in dollars and there was NO language barrier.

The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the entire event was arranged through email. The website is época : A Beachfront Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico if you are interested and the owners name is Kurt. We paid $35 a head for GREAT food and the liquer was based on numbers of bottles opened. But I am willing to bet he would work with you based on your budget.

I will be happy to send you pictures of my ceremony if you'd like (I havent quite figured out the posting thing yet)
thank you so much for the information, kara. the restaurant and the food look wonderful. i will be contacting them today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARALANE View Post
Hi, We are having our "Welcome Dinner" at Dacquiri Dick's in PV. This will be during resturant week the meals are 3 course with 3 options and it is 249 pesos. ddpv

For our RD we are going to Karen's Place in Bucerias, they wedding catering starts at 180 pesos, so I am sure a regular dinner is cheaper. Karens place at Bucerias

(http://www.virtualvallarta.com/puert...index.shtmland)

Hope that helps!
Is Karen's Place a restaurant or just a caterer? Sorry, also, where is Bucerias in relation to the Marina and Nuevo Vallarta? Did you have to bring your own drinks?

Hi Kara,

Newbie here. We are staying at the Riu Jalisco and I am trying to find out RD options for my new in-laws to be. Do you have pics of the restaurant you can share?

Hi girls,

We're having our rehearsal dinner at Barcelona Tapas--but, i just heard back today from El Arrayan--which, I believe was recommended to me by the Sheraton's coordinator. We didn't select them because they were revamping their menu and just got back to us today (although they let us know it would be a while) and we're getting married on Nov. 3, so we needed to secure something further in advance.

Anyway, I wanted to post their new menus in case any of you wanted to consider.

Their contact info is: elarrayanpvr@gmail.com

Good Luck : )

EL ARRAYAN_Grupos Menus invierno 07 & 08.doc