Photo

Rehearsal Dinners?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 B&G

B&G
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Question to all of the brides-to-be and already married readers of this forum:

Where in Puerto Vallarta did you have your rehearsal dinner, if any? Did you have it at your hotel or at a private restaurant in town?

If you had it in town, would you mind sharing the name of the restaurant and a ballpark figure of what you paid per head?

We're attempting to figure out our own situation here and would love the advice. Thanks!
    Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
    Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#2 KARALANE

KARALANE
    • 60 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hi, We are having our "Welcome Dinner" at Dacquiri Dick's in PV. This will be during resturant week the meals are 3 course with 3 options and it is 249 pesos. ddpv

For our RD we are going to Karen's Place in Bucerias, they wedding catering starts at 180 pesos, so I am sure a regular dinner is cheaper. Karens place at Bucerias

(http://www.virtualva....index.shtmland)

Hope that helps!

#3 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

I wish I could help, but we are not planning on having a WD we have way to many guests. But we are thinking of organizing (nice way to say each person needs to pay their own way) a booze cruise two days before.

#4 B&G

B&G
        • 79 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Thanks guys for the help! =)
          Brooke and Gen

Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#5 kara

kara
          • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hi there. We actually had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at a place called Epoca. I am sure they would do a rehearsal for you. It is a nice open air place right on the beach close to the canal (market). The easy part was that the owner is an American so we were able to pay in dollars and there was NO language barrier.

The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the entire event was arranged through email. The website is ┬ępoca : A Beachfront Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico if you are interested and the owners name is Kurt. We paid $35 a head for GREAT food and the liquer was based on numbers of bottles opened. But I am willing to bet he would work with you based on your budget.

I will be happy to send you pictures of my ceremony if you'd like (I havent quite figured out the posting thing yet)

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Kara-
              Did they do any centerpieces or decor for you as well? Do they have an area that could be set up for a private event?

Sunsets look beautiful there!
              Happily married since 2008

#7 B&G

B&G
              • 79 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kara
                Hi there. We actually had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at a place called Epoca. I am sure they would do a rehearsal for you. It is a nice open air place right on the beach close to the canal (market). The easy part was that the owner is an American so we were able to pay in dollars and there was NO language barrier.

The food was spectacular, the service was incredible and the entire event was arranged through email. The website is ┬ępoca : A Beachfront Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico if you are interested and the owners name is Kurt. We paid $35 a head for GREAT food and the liquer was based on numbers of bottles opened. But I am willing to bet he would work with you based on your budget.

I will be happy to send you pictures of my ceremony if you'd like (I havent quite figured out the posting thing yet)
                thank you so much for the information, kara. the restaurant and the food look wonderful. i will be contacting them today!
                Brooke and Gen

#8 Lorilou

Lorilou
                • 533 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KARALANE
                  Hi, We are having our "Welcome Dinner" at Dacquiri Dick's in PV. This will be during resturant week the meals are 3 course with 3 options and it is 249 pesos. ddpv

For our RD we are going to Karen's Place in Bucerias, they wedding catering starts at 180 pesos, so I am sure a regular dinner is cheaper. Karens place at Bucerias

(http://www.virtualva....index.shtmland)

Hope that helps!
                  Is Karen's Place a restaurant or just a caterer? Sorry, also, where is Bucerias in relation to the Marina and Nuevo Vallarta? Did you have to bring your own drinks?

#9 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
                  • 176 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

Hi Kara,

Newbie here. We are staying at the Riu Jalisco and I am trying to find out RD options for my new in-laws to be. Do you have pics of the restaurant you can share?
                    Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#10 hls140

hls140
                    • 102 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hi girls,
                      We're having our rehearsal dinner at Barcelona Tapas--but, i just heard back today from El Arrayan--which, I believe was recommended to me by the Sheraton's coordinator. We didn't select them because they were revamping their menu and just got back to us today (although they let us know it would be a while) and we're getting married on Nov. 3, so we needed to secure something further in advance.

Anyway, I wanted to post their new menus in case any of you wanted to consider.
                      Their contact info is: elarrayanpvr@gmail.com

Good Luck : )

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users