Photo

What treatments/procedures have you done to be "Wedding Day Beautiful"?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

The most I have spent is on exercise classes (cardio barre). about $150.00 for a 10 class series that has to be renwed almost monthly. I love most of my results but I still
    want a better rock hard body. Oh well! I will be waxing and all that stuff and I want gel nails for the wedding because I don't want to hassle with nail polish coming off etc.. I am still considering teeth whitening but have not actually bought it yet. I'm doing OTC because I's afraid of the sensitivity issue. I tried to save $$$ by taking out my highlights and just going one color.

#12 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Thank you MarieSam

I am thinking about getting eyelash extensions done. I really want hair extensions, but I think it will be too expensive. My mom and sis are getting eyelash extensions done for around $350. How much are/did you pay for eyelash extensions??

I usually have a tanning package right now, but lately I have just been laying out to save $$$ :)

#13 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

I also spent a 1000+ but dont tell dh (lol) I got my hair done, waxing, mani pedi, vibraderm so worth it and new makeup of course that does not count any shopping.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#14 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tylersgirl
          MarieSam-You are stunning as you are! Don't worry! You will look beautiful on your wedding day. .
          I agree - you ARE stunning!!

I choose 301-500 because I added up tanning, hair cuts, waxing, a facial, mani/pedis, teeth whitening, clothes, shoes, lotions, ect is a freakn ton of $$

Oh well its worth it...I mean its our wedding :)

#15 Michelle613

Michelle613
          • 331 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

I chose $301-500, but its over a year away so I might be off. I'll be getting my hair Japanese straightened, colored, & cut ( I go every 6 months and always make sure its June and December because my birthday is in June), and I'll be using Crest White Strips. I'm going for a site visit two months before so I'm hoping I'll already be tan. That's about it.
            Michelle & Arsen
            Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#16 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

oh yea I forgot about eyelashes and makeup for the big day..... theres some more money!

I'm just getting the eyelashes you can put on and take right off from MAC... I think they are $11. I don't suggest actual eyelash extensions. You have to be very careful w/ getting them wet and drying them! VERY VERY careful or they come off and it looks bad. And we're having DW god knows I'll be in the water! I don't want to think about drying off on the beach and worrying about my lashes, plus I've seen so many people with them and don't feel they are worth the money. i can get the same effect from MAC for WAY cheaper. MAC has SEVERAL different lengths, etc.

Oh and ladies I know some of you are concerned about sensitivity w/ teeth whitening. I will tell you that I have very sensitive teeth. i suggest a good cleaning before using them. That way your gums are all taken care of and will really help w/ hurting your gums. Also use fluoride!!!! My dentist gives me a fluoride gel to put in my trays so if they do get sensitive I do a tray of fluoride that day instead of whitening. I haven't even had to use the fluoride gel just cause I use fluoride everyday. I figured in the end I had ALOT of whitening to do and I'd probably spend around $300 on strips just cause they haven't really done much for me. So I just got the trays I see an improvement each time I use them!

#17 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hmmm...I have a lot of things in mind - we shall see if I have the cash flow to go with it.

- I have a gym membership anyway but I opted to share a personal trainer with my sister @ $12/month = $108 for the 9 months prior to wedding.
                - Hair cut + Highlights = around $120
                - Mani/Pedi = $60
                - Hair/Makeup day of = around $100 or so
                - Eyelash extensions = $150

So about $500-$600 YIKES!!!

#18 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                • 4,512 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

OMG MarieSam, you just made me realize how much I'm spending!! AAGGHH. I chose the $500 - $1000. Most of that cost is because of the one year gym membership that I got to lose weight for the wedding. The rest will be for waxing, hair cut and highlights, mani & pedi and whatever else I forgot!
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#19 beach2009

beach2009
                  • 299 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                    I also spent a 1000+ but dont tell dh (lol) I got my hair done, waxing, mani pedi, vibraderm so worth it and new makeup of course that does not count any shopping.
                    jkcz0702 - what's vibraderm? sounds interesting, sounds like a SUPERfacial.

#20 MarieSam

MarieSam
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,336 posts
                      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Damn it ladies, I totally forgot to add my constant shoe shopping and lashes, just the drugstore kind though. Aye, I can't believe I've spent this much!!!
                      Wow what a great thread! I picked the $1000+ range ...shhh don't tell FI Haha

$2500 on Dr. Bernstein Diet for 6 months lost 80 pounds
                      80 pounds? You're my hero
                      Thank you MarieSam
                      Ahhhh, I forgot about my buying new makeup phase too!!! You look gorgeous in your pictures though, so I say it was worth it!!!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by yoAzul
                      I agree - you ARE stunning!!

I choose 301-500 because I added up tanning, hair cuts, waxing, a facial, mani/pedis, teeth whitening, clothes, shoes, lotions, ect is a freakn ton of $$

Oh well its worth it...I mean its our wedding :)
                      Yes Yael, it's our wedding day! I keep telling myself that, and ignoring the zeros, hehehehe.
                      OMG MarieSam, you just made me realize how much I'm spending!!!
                      Just remember, we're only a bride once!!! This helps ease the pain a lil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users