What treatments/procedures have you done to be "Wedding Day Beautiful"?

MarieSam

So a couple days ago, I realized that I have been putting my body through stuff I normally wouldn't do were I not a bride-to-be. blush2.gif This kinda made me laugh but at the same time made me mad at myself for becoming insanely vain and trying so hard to be "wedding day pretty" plus spending so much money doing so. But I finally convinced myself that every bride wants to do everything she can to look better than usual on her big day....right? Or am I crazy huh.gif *crickets chirping*

On that note, what crazy regimines/procedures/treatments have you done or are planning to do to make sure you're the hottest bride ever and how much did it cost? bunny_4.gifbunny_4.gifbunny_4.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll start first:

1) $100 on a teeth whitener regimine -- Got it from my dentist and it comes with my own custom teeth mold and the bleach solution. He's my neighbor so the normal $500+ costs was cut down to $100, cool deal! Haven't started it yet, but it's supposed to cause teeth sensitivity and if not done correctly can hurt your gums....ouch sad.gif

2) $35 on a sugar brazillian wax -- Got my first waxing a few months ago and plan to do it again about 2 weeks before I leave. lookatme.gif This hurt like a biotch even though sugar wax is supposed to be less painful, so don't let anyone tell you different. censored.gif But they say the first time is the worst, hmmmm we'll see.

3) $250 lasered off the moles, skin tags and sun damage spots on my face and neck -- Yes it was awful and was not fun despite the use of an anesthetic cream. Kinda felt like ants biting me, or like a shocking sensation. In the Filipino culture, this is commonly done -- my aunts and mom convinced me to do it "for the wedding". It hurt like sin, and I looked like a freak afterward -- scabbing on my face and neck for about 4 days. But I guess it paid off because about a week later, random people started telling me how nice my skin was and how it glowed. rolleyes.gif

4) $68 + $30 on skin whitener and Derma Doctor antiperspirant with lightening cream -- Yep, pregnancy years back did funny things to my body, including darkening my underarms. I did some research and found good reviews on the Derma doctor aintperspirant, and then an aesthetician recommended this whitener solution. The Derma doctor stuff has worked pretty well, but I'm hoping the solution will make even more of a difference. cheesy.gif

5) $100 in workout videos + $130 gym membership + $30 BDW BL sessions + huh.gif? personal trainer -- I'm so freaking lazy when it comes to exercise and I eat crap on and off. I have no idea why I haven't taken this wedding day diet and shape-up seriously. But I am planning on meeting with a trainer later this week to see if he can get me into better shape within the next 60 days, lol. Don't know how much it will costs me, but if he can get my ass moving he'll be worth every penny. We'll see! bunny_4.gif

6) $$$$$$ in shopping therapy – Ok so not a beauty treatment but lately I’ve been going crazy shopping for wedding week attire, trying to look as cute as possible during all the festivities. FI tells me I will be cute no matter what I wear, but for some reason I’m adamant on being a fashionista during our entire trip, lol. wink.gif

WOW I've spent a crapload of money -- this all better work, or I'm going to demand a refund, lol. voodoo.gif

MarieSam-You are stunning as you are! Don't worry! You will look beautiful on your wedding day. I chose 100-300 dollars because other than clothes and shoes (which I have spent a freakin TON on) I am just whitening my teeth, getting a hair trim, and eyebrow and lip wax. Wait...I didn't add in a manicure and pedicure. Okay, I need to change my answer to 300-500 haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersgirl View Post
MarieSam-You are stunning as you are! Don't worry! You will look beautiful on your wedding day. I chose 100-300 dollars because other than clothes and shoes (which I have spent a freakin TON on) I am just whitening my teeth, getting a hair trim, and eyebrow and lip wax. Wait...I didn't add in a manicure and pedicure. Okay, I need to change my answer to 300-500 haha.
You are too sweet girl, thank you rolleyes.gif One thing I've noticed on BDW is just how many gorgeous gals we've got as members, including yourself -- it's awesome!!!

And damn it, I totally forgot about my eyebrow and lip threading and of course the mani/pedi. BangHead.gif But I guess I'm still covered in the $1000+ range, lol msnwink.gif

I spent a lot - but I think it was worth it!

Teeth whitening and new veneers (for teeth that were damaged in a hockey accident as a child) $1500.

Pedicure/Manicure $150

Shopping therapy.... IMMEASURABLE! $$$$$

I don't count the cost of excercise and gym memberships, as i do that anyway!

I chose the last option as I didn't do anything above and beyond what I do regularly, year-round. Oh, I just realized that I did go tanning for 8 weeks prior which is something I don't typically do...hmm damn, maybe I should hav picked the $101 - $300 option. I did my usual workouts, got my brows waxed like I always do...that was about it. MarieSam, you're gorgeous...I don't think you need to spend a lot to look great! Interesting thread though wink.gif

I chose the $1000+ range, b/c for my Christmas present in 2007, I had Matt buy me laser hair removal for my bikini area. My reasoning was for the wedding, but in reality it is something that I always wanted but couldn't justify. It wasn't really worth the money, b/c the place shut down after I had only 5 treatments and my hair is slightly thinner and lighter, but it's still there.

Then I did the norm - tanning, teeth whitener (otc), wax eyebrows, mani/pedi, etc. But the bulk of what was spent was on the laser hair removal.

Love this.... although I think you girls are just going to give me more ideas on things I want to do!!

I chose the $100-$300 although I need to change that as soon as i started reading!!

-I spent $300 on teeth whitening. Got from the dentist, which was my trays and some

bleach and fluoride! SO WORTH IT!!!! Especially now i only have to buy bleach and I

have my trays. Works WAY better than whitestrips and i see results everytime i use

them, so glad I spent the money on them!

-i will have my eyebrows & lip waxed, hair colored, extensions, mani/pedi and facials done.

Although my sis is a cosmetologist so all of this will cost me about $110.

-I am joining the gym, cause I don't fit into my dress! So w/ the gym membership and 2

seasons of BL I'm at $330

I can't think of anything else right now and i keep reading this thread I'm sure I'll come up w/ more! So for now I'm in the 501+!

Oh, and I'm NOT counting my shopping!!! I don't want to think about that much money!

Wow what a great thread! I picked the $1000+ range ...shhh don't tell FI Haha

$2500 on Dr. Bernstein Diet for 6 months lost 80 pounds

$200 on teeth bleaching

$200 for eyelash extensions- trial and actual I did it for our wedding shower to see how it works and so nice not have to wear mascara in mexico either

$100 hair cut

$100 mani & pedi

$35 brazilian wax

$120 tanning

$250 for wedding day make up & hair

OMG that is a lot of money! ouch!